Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 09:09 PM

The plight of donkeys

Another 'Scientifically proven' fad claimed to be Anti-Ageing, increasing libido, and decreases reproductive organ disease in women, is being marketed from China.
Scientific studies on mammals are supposed to show significant health benefits.

This product is called EJIAO and is based on extracts of Gelatin taken from donkey's skine, then mixed with certain herbs and other ingredients to form a ball or tonic.

A brand new slaughter house in Kenya is reported to be slaughtering upwards of 100 donkeys per day.
Many new slaughtering establishments are being built in Eastern Africa.

In China the hapless animals are subjected to 'cold water washing,' which would traumatise them no end before being killed. This is said to minimise blood loss.

The meat from these donkeys is of no value, they only want their skins, so it doesn't matter whether the donkeys are looked after and well fed or not - many owners are letting them starve because the skins will still be the same value.

Egypt has been sending consignments to China. These animals are subject to 20 days at sea, often with no rest, food or water. In one consignment 14 died on the journey.

The Americas supply China, as do Mexico, Colombia, Brazil.
Another consignment of 137 donkeys was discovered to have been forced to travel 1,000 kms. many died in transit.
China's own donkey population is known to have decreased by 50% already.

This Ejiao product is now being freely traded in some London stores, as well as eBay and Amazon.

I happen to adore donkeys, have done since childhood, and the thought of what these beautiful, gentle creatures are going through for ignorant, selfish, stupid humans vanity makes me sick to the bone.

If anyone wanted to know more about this atrocious practice, look here:

https://www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.u...kin_report.pdf
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 10:00 PM

Re: The plight of donkeys

There are some horrendous trades and cruelty going on around the world. Animals are a commodity for the use of , and I wish China would stop these stupid ancient medicinal remedies and values. It runs along side the trade in bones of lions tigers and elephants, crushed for medicine, and bears paws. that they deal in now.
I so hate their ridiculous culture and all they do to the natural world. Of course, they have a bit of a hold in Africa now, so we can only expect worse.

This grieves me badly.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 10:06 PM

Yes, it does me too, Helen.
Bear's bile, rhino horn, etc. there will always be a market while humans are so vain and self absorbed.

https://www.animalsasia.org/uk/our-w...-bile-farming/
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 10:09 PM

im one that cannot look at cruelty to animals , and just reading some of your post plays on my mind .I still see the Donkey carrying Bricks piled up from the TV adverts..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-02-2017, 10:16 PM

Sorry to upset you Eliza, it wasn't my intention. I just think we could be more aware of the suffering behind the things some people think they need.
I wish they felt shame instead of vanity.
JimmyC
Australia
JimmyC is male 

24-02-2017, 10:55 PM

Barbarism.
veganchick
United Kingdom
veganchick is female  veganchick has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 08:38 PM

No doubt the chinese people who use such treatments believe they are of benefit.We too have our chosen kind of medical treatments not resulting in the death of gentle donkeys. Instead we test ours on dogs and other animals. Many would claim that if dogs die and in doing so future medical research it is acceptable.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top