Join for free
Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 09:54 AM

Re: Favourite Pie?

Lush? Are we licensed for that word ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 10:08 AM

Hi Pie Man

I saw a copy of this book in my local charity shop and instantly thought of you. Do you have it or is it something to add to your Christmas list?

Pie Man
W.Yorkshire
Pie Man is male  Pie Man has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hi Pie Man

I saw a copy of this book in my local charity shop and instantly thought of you. Do you have it or is it something to add to your Christmas list?

Looks like a good book but I thought every man knew "The complete guide to making and baking the perfect pie"

Marry a woman who can bake.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Pie Man ->
Looks like a good book but I thought every man knew "The complete guide to making and baking the perfect pie"

True!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Pie Man ->

That's the expensive way of doing things - the alternative is to do what I've already done - order in as and when.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 12:37 PM

My personal favourite is a roast beef and ale pie. Whenever we have roast beef for Sunday dinner, I always make sure that the joint is much too big so that I have loads left for Pie Monday. I fry off onions, celery, diced carrots and mushrooms and put them into the slow cooker. Then cut the cold roast beef into chunks and add them. Finally add beef stock and half a pint of a good dark ale. Leave it in the slow cooker for a few hours to tenderise and take on the ale flavour. Blind bake the bottom of the pie (must be very short, short pastry). The add some gravy thickening to the meat. Once it has thickened, strain the meat with a sieve and add it to the pie dish -spoon on a few tablespoons of the gravy to keep the meat moist, put on the pastry lid and cook till the pastry is browned and wonderfully crumbly. Keep the remaining beef and ale gravy to pour over the meal. I prefer it with new potatoes and french beans. MMMMMMM!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 09:23 AM

Andy matey, my pies arrived last evening - a box of 12 inside a polystyrene case and individually wrapped in celophane inside the box. As yet haven't tasted one - will do so lunchtime today and let you know!!!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 11:09 AM

Having a sweet tooth my favourite pie as to be cherry and apple with ice cream of course on the side.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

08-04-2017, 12:13 PM

Andy matey, I can pronounce that the the pies I ordered and had delivered are deliciously fabulous!!! - good solid chunks of meat with a tasty sauce and the pastry is really light and flaky. I would thoroughly recommend them should you wish to avail yourself of placing an order yourself.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 12:39 PM

Steak and kidney from a small independent butcher in a village about 5 miles from us. Not telling you where it is, keeping it secret!

Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top