Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 11:37 AM

Re: Cancer & The Gerson Therapy

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I will eat a normal balanced diet and take my chance.
Yep that seems a sensible approach CeeCee.

Note though that all those fruits and vegetables I listed ARE part of a balanced diet. By eating them you ARE taking in quantities of Amygdalin (cyanogenic glycoside). There is no "quack" medicine involved. It is simply Nature.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Every time I try things like that it makes me sick. When I do nothing I'm fine. My philosophy is therefore if it ain't broke don't fix it.
I sympathise Annie.

That said, it is worth realising that often, the first stages of overcoming some condition, maybe infection or virus, is often to first actually feel worse than you do already.

That is because the medicine (natural or otherwise) you take will kill off the organisms causing the illness and the body will then flush them out of your system. That tends to put a significant load on the liver and kidneys making you feel worse, causing pain in that area, probably back pain too and general fatigue. It's just part of the healing cycle imo.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Now you're into Woo Woo land.............................................. .................Note that ANY fruit or vegetable is poisonous and potentially lethal if you eat them in ridiculous quantities.
Woo Woo Tweet towooo !!!

And don't forget random opinions on line are potentially lethal too.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

01-08-2017, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
As for why don't they ban apples, almonds , plums etc, it is very easy, the concentrations of the chemical in them are much lower.
This theory doesn't really hold water TBH. It's just a case of quantity. If Fruit A contains X amount of Amygdalin and Fruit B contains X/4 of Amygdalin then eating 4 times the quantity of Fruit B results in the same thing as eating one Fruit A.

You don't ban Fruit A because of that.

Here's the Amygdalin content of various fruit seeds:

The quantities are mg/g (milligrams of Amygdalin per gram of seeds)

Plum (Green) 17.49 ± 0.26
Apricot 14.37 ± 0.28
Plum (Black) 10.00 ± 0.14
Peach 6.81 ± 0.02
Cherry (Red) 3.89 ± 0.31
Apple (Royal Gala) 2.96 ± 0.02
Cherry (Black) 2.68 ± 0.02
Plum (Purple) 2.16 ± 0.02
Plum (Yellow) 1.54 ± 0.02
Pear (Conference) 1.29 ± 0.04
Plum (Red) 0.44 ± 0.04
Nectarine (Summer Fire) 0.12 ± 0.01

Apples in general contain 1mg/g to 4mg/g

These numbers are not particularly earth shatteringly different.

A couple of peach seeds same as one apricot seed.

4-5 apple seeds the same as one apricot seed.

What the USA authorities have done is placed legislation around the seed that is the most convenient for people to use. No-one has banned apples or the sale of apple seeds yet I can get the same amount of Amygdalin from them as Apricot seeds, I just have to each 4 times the quantity of seeds. One MUST question the motives of any authority which acts in this way.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

01-08-2017, 12:10 PM

Pretty sure there are a number of fundamental Christians on the forum too.

Genesis 1: 29

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 12:13 PM

No a man said that God never spoke or wrote anything physically.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Pretty sure there are a number of fundamental Christians on the forum too.
Statistically there ought to be some Flat Earthers too HERE

Now they really give me the pip.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 12:40 PM

Hmm!...Beware of those with 'A GOD COMPLEX'

God complex

A god complex is an unshakable belief characterized by consistently inflated feelings of personal ability, privilege, or infallibility. A person with a god complex may refuse to admit the possibility of their error or failure, even in the face of irrefutable evidence, complex, or intractable problems or difficult or impossible tasks, or may regard their personal opinions as unquestionably correct.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 12:51 PM

I stopped believing in God when first diagnosed with bowel cancer at the age of 30, with a baby and young daughter dependent on me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 01:05 PM

I started believing when I had beaten cancer for the second time. I suddenly realised I had been prayed for by so many wonderful people there must be something in it.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top