Join for free
Page 8 of 21 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 07:43 AM

Re: Chemotherapy

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I had my CT scan this afternoon and it was nothing like I remember my last one. They pumped something into my arm, they said I would get a warm feeling but it was hot and then my heart started beating really fast and I thought I was going to pass out. Fortunately using all my concentration I managed to complete the scan, I really didn’t want to abort it and have to have another! I feel ok now but it will be early July before I get the results.
Been there, done that Val darlin', I got this warm fuzzy feeling all over, in fact I think I dozed off inside the Scanner - it was delightful!!!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 09:15 AM

I get mine on the rescheduled date of June 12th. From what I remember, they're nothing like as bad as an MRI scan.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Oh my, that is awful. Then you have to wait, worrying, unwell, and maybe getting depressed awaiting results.
Virtual hugs being sent.
Thank you Sweetie. I don’t actually start worrying until a few days before my appointment, then I am a nervous wreck!

Hope all went well for you and your son today.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Been there, done that Val darlin', I got this warm fuzzy feeling all over, in fact I think I dozed off inside the Scanner - it was delightful!!!
Oh no, my experience was horrid Uncle J, didn’t you have to hold your breath for what seemed to be an endless amount of time! 3 times!
Val J
East Yorkshire

23-05-2018, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I get mine on the rescheduled date of June 12th. From what I remember, they're nothing like as bad as an MRI scan.
From what I can remember of my MRI scan, the worst thing was being enclosed in the machine, very claustrophobic!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 02:12 PM

Sorry to intrude, what is the difference between a CT scan, and an MRI?
I am a little stressed today, and I can't remember what the consultant is sending my son for. All I can think of is CT scan, is that for internal problems of the bowls etc. Sorry, I am so muddled today.
Val J
East Yorkshire

23-05-2018, 02:21 PM

Sweetie, I know it doesn’t help but I would be exactly the same, but I soon get stressed.

To be honest I don’t know what the difference is between a CT scan and an MRI. I’ve had both, the one yesterday (CT) was lungs, stomach and bowel, so you’re probably right with internal problems. Perhaps Ffosse can throw more light on this.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Sweetie, I know it doesn’t help but I would be exactly the same, but I soon get stressed.

To be honest I don’t know what the difference is between a CT scan and an MRI. I’ve had both, the one yesterday (CT) was lungs, stomach and bowel, so you’re probably right with internal problems. Perhaps Ffosse can throw more light on this.
Sorry again, you have enough worries. I will google.
Hugs sent. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 02:37 PM

A CT scan uses x-rays and an MRI uses magnetism and radio pulses. The images on an MRI are likely to be far more detailed than a CT scan but hospitals still use both as a means of looking for abnormal material.
https://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/478330
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

23-05-2018, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
A CT scan uses x-rays and an MRI uses magnetism and radio pulses. The images on an MRI are likely to be far more detailed than a CT scan but hospitals still use both as a means of looking for abnormal material.
https://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/478330
Thanks, Dreamy, but the link needs an email.

Page 8 of 21 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top