Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 07:51 PM

Re: Fenders Top 20

Oh nooooo. What have been been missing since I've Been away!? Fender's got his list onboard and it's great so far buddy!

CCR's best track ever, great late 70's singles from Squeeze and the Buggles too. And Bowie's best track to boot. I can't complain about anything so far mate, keep 'em rolling.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Just goes to show you never know with music.

Journey has never enjoyed quite the same glittering fame as some of their fellow 1980s rock groups
But in 1981, they were thrust into the limelight with their feel good anthem Don’t Stop Believing. Although the song cropped up in TV shows and movies, the band never quite recaptured that initial success.

That was until 2009 when the popular TV show Glee covered the song. While the Glee version performed well, the original Journey track rocketed up the charts, peaking at number 9 in the UK.

It continues to perform well in digital downloads, consistently being one of the most downloaded songs not of the 21st Century.

(Copied from an article in the Sun)
So well put, solo...and it doesn't need The Sun to elaborate - what do they know about real music anyway?!

Great band, and I must confess that Don't Stop Believin' would have been the first song I ever heard by this great band Journey, though not from Glee I hasten to add! It was in a pub in Hull called the Trog Bar circa 1981-82 I think.
Bought the single, then the album and gradually got them all after that
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Oh nooooo. What have been been missing since I've Been away!? Fender's got his list onboard and it's great so far buddy!

CCR's best track ever, great late 70's singles from Squeeze and the Buggles too. And Bowie's best track to boot. I can't complain about anything so far mate, keep 'em rolling.
Cheers mate,

I've been slacking - get another up later tonight.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-06-2018, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Cheers mate,

I've been slacking - get another up later tonight.
These few are good enough for me to catch up with mate, but I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming next.
Nice to get the pressure off me and my BIG LIST at last!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 08:33 PM

No.7 Rock This Town - The Stray Cats

I just love this song and especially this live version.
Setzer remains my favourite guitarist of all time. They are also unique in being one of the few bands that the drummer stands up and a double bass is used. Slim always manages to get a big sound from so very few drums. Often just the bass & snare, with a couple of cymbals.

Enjoy........

solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:46 AM

Brian Setzer is still performing with an orchestra no less.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:56 AM

The Stray Cats. I had almost forgotten about them. Other hits included Stray Cat strut and Runaway Boys.

A good live version of Rock this town and great guitar work.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

10-06-2018, 10:24 AM

Yeah, contemporary rockabilly. Good to see Setzer carrying this form on with his orchestra tbh
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

10-06-2018, 06:58 PM

Funny, as some of your comments brought me straight to this...

No.8 Stray Cat Strut Live @ Woodstock (with his orchestra)

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

10-06-2018, 08:36 PM

Setzer still going strong there, Fender. Good to see that vid.

I seem to remember Slim Jim Phantom of the band marrying Britt Eckland at some stage too.

What we got coming up next bud?

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top