Join for free
Page 8 of 22 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2012, 11:05 PM

Re: Dieting

Well done poppycock that is fantastic. So pleased for you. Have you found it easy?

We have lost a couple more pounds. The joke was that I bought my husband three pairs of trousers size 48 when they arrived he had lost 2ins so we sent them back and ordered size 46 would you believe that when they arrived they were too big so we are now awaiting size 44.

That is another thing remember to mesure yourself sometimes even if you don't appear to be losing poundage you do lose inches.
stablelady
Angus, Scotland
stablelady is female  stablelady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 01:19 AM

I have lost 8lbs in three weeks with healthy eating, thought this thread was to encourage us in our endeavours ladies.
Surely it shouldn't be an 'Atkins promotion', we are all different.

Let's get back to encouraging each other.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 01:37 AM

Well done to you Stablelady That's a good result. I'm trying to lose weight as well by cutting down on snacks! Didn't realise how much I was eating until I counted the calories in the snacks! Its so easy sometimes to just go to the food cupboard and eat without thinking which I think has also been mentioned here.

If I know I am going to be out when its lunchtime I'm making sure I take a sandwich with me to eat in the car to stop me buying snacks! I 've lost 2lbs so far in two weeks, so slowly but surely, better off than on

I know I need to do more exercise and do have an exercise bike and an eliptical trainer, but its getting motivated
stablelady
Angus, Scotland
stablelady is female  stablelady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 10:36 AM

Thank you! I am now heading towards losing my next half stone-fingers crossed.

I know what you mean about random eating.... I 'graze' when I am at a loose end! Have started knitting for the grandchildren, they will be swamped in Granny Jumpers!!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 11:26 AM

It sounds like you are in the right frame of mind and you will do it As for the knitting.... apparently its very trendy now and is the "in" thing How much weight are you planning on losing?

Am off to the supermarket shortly and will do my best to steer clear of the treats aisles, so will need a bit of willpower I find their offers hard to resist, two for the price of one and so on.
poppycock
hampshire England
poppycock is female  poppycock has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 12:24 PM

I think well done to us all, I couldnt give a toss who does atkins weight watchers or the doughnut diet as long as we are losing weight we are doing something positive. I will get measured and weighed at the ddocs next week. good luck slimmers
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by stablelady ->
I have lost 8lbs in three weeks with healthy eating, thought this thread was to encourage us in our endeavours ladies.
Surely it shouldn't be an 'Atkins promotion', we are all different.

Let's get back to encouraging each other.
You are absolutely right but, when someone tries to tell me that something I believe in passionately is wrong then I will keep on and on. I was like it with my dad and I was like it with my first husband. I will not sit still and allow brute force and ignorance to shut me up.

I am over the moon to hear that you have lost 8lbs. That is fantastic. I have started a data base on my computer saying how much I have lost in stones and lbs.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

11-02-2012, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Well done to you Stablelady That's a good result. I'm trying to lose weight as well by cutting down on snacks! Didn't realise how much I was eating until I counted the calories in the snacks! Its so easy sometimes to just go to the food cupboard and eat without thinking which I think has also been mentioned here.

If I know I am going to be out when its lunchtime I'm making sure I take a sandwich with me to eat in the car to stop me buying snacks! I 've lost 2lbs so far in two weeks, so slowly but surely, better off than on

I know I need to do more exercise and do have an exercise bike and an eliptical trainer, but its getting motivated
Well done to you Marian, it is hard for you going out on the road for hours. By the time you get home you are starving and probably pick until your meal is ready.

Maybe you could make some sheperd's pies with quorn which is lovely and then have them ready just to pop in the nuke. If you remember to take them out of the freezer.

I did this for years when I worked shifts and made chilli, cheese and onion pies, spag boll sauce freeze it and forget to take it out of the freezer for the evening meal.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

11-02-2012, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by poppycock ->
I think well done to us all, I couldnt give a toss who does atkins weight watchers or the doughnut diet as long as we are losing weight we are doing something positive. I will get measured and weighed at the ddocs next week. good luck slimmers
Good luck indeed, the weather is bad now but imagine when we put on the summer frocks that we haven't been comfortable in. I am so looking forward to wearing a couple of dresses that just were toooo tight last year.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 03:43 PM

Well done to you all so far.

I've been healthy eating since the 2nd of Jan this year and have so far lost 1 stone 3 pounds, I have got alot to lose so have a long way to go but it's a good start.

I'm just cutting out the 'rubbish' stuff, chocolates, biscuits, sweets etc and cutting down on my portion size. If I get really desperate I will have for example a chocolate bar but I am addicted to chocolate so prefer to cut it out if I can.

I want to eat stuff I can carry on eating the rest of my life and something I can live with.

It's not easy but onwards and upwards as they say.

Page 8 of 22 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top