Join for free
Page 9 of 21 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 10:52 PM

Re: barnier the begging clown

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If I have understood this correctly, then, we would receive about £3 billion (or Euros?) refund IF we achieve a withdrawal agreement.

Moreover, I assume this £3 billion refund is only AFTER we have paid them the £39 billion I have heard so much about.

If this is correct, I'd still want to leave without a withdrawal agreement and without all the conditions that will no doubt be imposed!

Most sensible people like us would leave tomorrow without a deal.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Most sensible people like us would leave tomorrow without a deal.
I sincerely believe that would be the best thing that could happen, for all parties concerned.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I sincerely believe that would be the best thing that could happen, for all parties concerned.
Hi

I agree .

We just Leave and let events take their Course.

Then we would see who is right and who is wrong.

We took a Democratic Decision to leave.

It was our choice.

We had the Battle Bus, save £135 million a week.

We had Project Fear, not happened.

We had we can have our cake and eat it, not happened.

We must leave and stand by that.

It was our choice, as ordinary people to Lave.

We must leave and accept the consequences.

It may be good, it may be bad, but it was our choice.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 08:53 AM

What about fishing waters....what happens then? Without a deal or at least an understanding won't that be very confusing and dangerous

I can see another cod war....remember that? Gun boats and war ships...we can do without that. We need some clarity and understanding for all involved.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
What about fishing waters....what happens then? Without a deal or at least an understanding won't that be very confusing and dangerous

I can see another cod war....remember that? Gun boats and war ships...we can do without that. We need some clarity and understanding for all involved.

Our territorial waters have always belonged to the UK. We will manage our fisheries according to uk laws and if other nations illegally take our stocks then they risk having their boats impounded and towed back to a uk port and heavy fines.

Foreign vessels will be able to fish our waters provided they do it by uk rules
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->

Would you let someone enter your property, take food from your larder
take plants from your garden, and to round it off, take a dump in
your loo summer??
I think not!!

Donkeyman! 👎😟👎
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-06-2020, 11:22 AM

If my memory serves me right the cod wars were won by those defending their own territorial waters.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
If my memory serves me right the cod wars were won by those defending their own territorial waters.
Yes, the British fishing trawlers were in Icelandic waters and Iceland sent their gunboats in to protect their home fleet and discourage `illegal` fishing in their waters.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-06-2020, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Yes, the British fishing trawlers were in Icelandic waters and Iceland sent their gunboats in to protect their home fleet and discourage `illegal` fishing in their waters.
Thanks Judd !
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The icelanders hadn't sold their fishing rights (to british fishers or any others).
Then there is the present fishing problem: the UK would like full access to the EU market to sell its fish there, but in return the EU wants full access for its boats to fish in UK waters. British negotiators say that's not possible because the UK is now an independent coastal state.
The UK government says becoming an independent coastal state after Brexit will give it the right to decide "who fishes in our waters and on what terms".
But, as we all know, a significant portion of the existing UK quota is already in foreign hands.
But Dr Emma Cardwell, from the University of Glasgow, told the BBC that an enforced change in ownership would be "legally tricky" for the government.
Many parts of the quota were sold by English fishermen in the 1990s when fishing rights were cut dramatically. Cod fishing, for instance, was almost entirely stopped for several years.
Foreign companies then bought it up as a long-term investment, and experts say the quota market has been allowed to develop in an unregulated way ever since.
"There's a lack of clarity on the legal status of fishing rights," Dr Cardwell said, "meaning the government is very vulnerable to litigation if it tries to reallocate quota.
"Any foreign fishing companies that purchased UK quota in good faith would be very likely to sue if this was now taken away from them."

Page 9 of 21 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top