Join for free
Page 20 of 21 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 08:55 PM

Re: Proud to be English

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
The welsh and the scottish wear kilts so they can show off their knees and ladies seem to be fascinated by them, I have no idea why
It's just that they're eternally interested to know what Scotsmen wear under their kilts.

"What's worn under your kilt, Jock?"
"Nothing. It's all in good working order."
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I think that horrid Hairy-Mary Sturgeon and Salmond-the-Grope have done immeasurable harm to Anglo-Scottish relations.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Go back and read the first post again shropshiregirl, especially the last line. It's all about how great it is to live in the UK. England isn't mentioned. I was only curious about the title of the thread. The UK and England are not the same thing as many believe. I am a Scot also pro union and not anti English.
Honest
You're right Scot I didn't realise when I wrote my post that it should have been directed at the UK. I guess it was the heading that threw me.

I happen to think that the UK is the sum of all of its parts that make it the great place that it is......I am also 'Pro Union' and would also support Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland should England be knocked out of a sporting event....
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
and sheep .......

Sheep are eternally grateful to the Welsh for all those fields to romp in.

Got to keep the girls happy see...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
and sheep .......

Sheep are eternally grateful to the Welsh for all those fields to romp in.
There are few defined enclosures, IE hedgerows in Wales if I remember right , but lots of Sheep.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-07-2020, 09:31 PM

In order of importance:

3rd - British

2nd - English

1st - Yorkist
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
The welsh and the scottish wear kilts so they can show off their knees and ladies seem to be fascinated by them, I have no idea why

Mary Quant also designed the mini kilt, to show off the Beautiful long legs that run in the families of Welshmen.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 09:36 PM

OK, let's cut to the chase as to why the Scots and especially the Welsh wear kilts.

It's because the sound of a zip causes the sheep to panic.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-07-2020, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
OK, let's cut to the chase as to why the Scots and especially the Welsh wear kilts.

It's because the sound of a zip causes the sheep to panic.
Yes. They also wear wellies for obvious reasons!
marciniak
wales uk

22-07-2020, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Well there are plenty of famous people who are Welsh, links below give both genders:

https://www.thefamouspeople.com/wales-women.php

https://www.thefamouspeople.com/wales-men.php

I am English by the way, not British and not ashamed to say so either!

Cheers Baz46.... The women yeah, but the famous men of Wales....how disappointing.

Page 20 of 21 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top