Join for free
Page 40 of 51 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 09:23 AM

Re: Extinction the facts

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd just like to add that my posts are worthless.
Thanks JB, they appear to be ganging up on me....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Nay, they gang up on all of us blokes.

It's what women do.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 10:09 AM

I couldn't agree with you more Annie....
All these planet savers and extinction revolution freeks always seem to have the latest technology....Bloody Hypocrites!
Do as I say, not as I do, seems to be the message they are projecting.
Originally Posted by Muddy ->
You don’t know that
Generalisations without proof are worthless.
Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It may be fun for you Foxy, but some of us are looking for intelligent discussion, like we used to enjoy in our careers.

We all like a bit of fun, but most of us have our laughs on the lighter threads, not the more serious topics.

Anyway, thank you for confirming that your posts on here have been worthless!
Hold on tight girls, it might get bumpy.....
My comment was not 'Worthless' or a 'Generalisation' Muddy, the Extinction Rebellion mob are all tooled up with the latest technology, how else would you explain a few thousand protesters turning up simultaneously at a given location?

They've all got smartphones or computers and spend most of their time on the internet instead of doing something useful in society...
Normal people are too busy looking after their families, their property, working to earn a living, going out shopping or tending their gardens. Not to mention the hobbies that most sensible people with time on their hands engage in.

Extinction of animals at the other side of the world is way down the list of priorities for most people, especially while Covid19 is doing the rounds. We are all upset by the disturbing footage and drawling monologue of Mr Attenborough and the BBC (among others) and for an hour or two after we turn into defenders of nature....

Then we boil the kettle, have a steaming mug of Horlicks, and shuffle under our pre warmed bed and have a good nights sleep. You might think that you are concerned about the Panda's in Asia, or the plastic in the Great Barrier Reef, so you recycle your plastic and turn lights off around the house to save energy, or even turn the heating down a degree or two, but it's all a waste of time. The people who could make a difference all live on their own private islands, command some of the largest businesses on the planet and occasionally fly around the world thinking of new projects to bolster up their ever growing wealth.

So get those people onside girls and I will start to take this whole farce about global warming and animal extinction seriously. Until then, you are all just giving it lip service and worrying about something you have absolutely no control over.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 10:52 AM

No we don’t.
That is your erroneous perception .
I use a 12 year old Nokia
But I do use the internet
So what ?
And contrary to what you say everyone doing their bit will have an effect .
Of course it’s much easier to have a defeatist attitude.
It’s wont make much difference so I will do B*****all.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 10:55 AM

Ooh Foxy, have you always been jealous of people who acquired wealth and do you always blame them when you hear that things are going badly, so you don't have to do anything about it?
Everybody is responsible for what is happening. Look at all the idiots who couldn't possibly manage without a holiday abroad this year, then needed assistance to get home & have probably brought more risk of Covid19 to those who stayed at home.
We all want more than we need & our wants get more every year, but very few will admit it! If the extinction rebellion help to reduce our wants, then I am pleased for them..but I don't listen to their protests. I haven't taken a holiday abroad or in the UK for more than 12 years, & travel less than 3000 miles a year in my car, so I am doing my bit. I do it in the hope that life on earth will survive & I hope others do it for the same reason!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 11:42 AM

My comment was not 'Worthless' or a 'Generalisation' Muddy, the Extinction Rebellion mob are all tooled up with the latest technology, how else would you explain a few thousand protesters turning up simultaneously at a given location?

They've all got smartphones or computers and spend most of their time on the internet instead of doing something useful in society...
Normal people are too busy looking after their families, their property, working to earn a living, going out shopping or tending their gardens. Not to mention the hobbies that most sensible people with time on their hands engage in.
You make a very good point, OGF.

I'm not going to argue the toss about ecology, the real basis of this thread, because there is no way anyone involved here is going to change any minds.

No, my point is that these XR anarchists (and others of course) annoy me by going around in a highly organised fashion in attempt to disrupt life for the rest of us and, of course, to cause damage and expense for putting things back together.
In doing all this they achieve nothing productive or beneficial, simply enjoying themselves like naughty children. How many people do they think they have influenced to change their existing ways of life?
The worst thing is that they appear never to receive any sort of punishment for their crimes, as the rest of us would.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 12:02 PM

Take a look at my signature OGF..do not mess with the Fishwives.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 12:24 PM

From Rupert Everett of the Daily Mail.
“We're in such a weird new world, dominated by a kind of Stasi, and if you don't reflect exactly the right attitude, you risk everything just being destroyed for you by these judgmental, sanctimonious hags sitting around the cauldron in the virtual world.”
He has been reading my posts on here I suspect.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You make a very good point, OGF.

I'm not going to argue the toss about ecology, the real basis of this thread, because there is no way anyone involved here is going to change any minds.

No, my point is that these XR anarchists (and others of course) annoy me by going around in a highly organised fashion in attempt to disrupt life for the rest of us and, of course, to cause damage and expense for putting things back together.
In doing all this they achieve nothing productive or beneficial, simply enjoying themselves like naughty children. How many people do they think they have influenced to change their existing ways of life?
The worst thing is that they appear never to receive any sort of punishment for their crimes, as the rest of us would.
How much damage do you actually know they have caused ?
Truly do tell us .
They do disrupt certain things I doubt very much you personally have been disrupted by ER . Unless you happened to be working in London near a publishing house on the occasion they stopped traffic
They don’t have any punishment because they don’t commit crimes .
They don’t attack policeman or vandalise statues
It’s not unlawful to demonstrate .
Indeed peaceful assembly it is a tradition in our country
If XR is targeted for peaceful assembly while BLM and other more radical groups who do do damage are ignored ( to the point where the police knee in front of them )
It’s a sad state of affairs and shows once again the police like to cherry pick .
Easier to arrest middle aged and elderly climate protesters that strong young BLM

They don’t behave like naughty children at all .
They behave like thinking people as most of them are.
Yes they do influence people .
Not everyone has their head in the sand .
More and more people are coming to the realisation of what we are doing to the planet .
Vlad
West Midlands UK

05-10-2020, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
How much damage do you actually know they have caused ?
Truly do tell us .
They do disrupt certain things I doubt very much you personally have been disrupted by ER . Unless you happened to be working in London near a publishing house on the occasion they stopped traffic
They don’t have any punishment because they don’t commit crimes .
They don’t attack policeman or vandalise statues
It’s not unlawful to demonstrate .
Indeed it is a tradition in our country to allow this .
They don’t behave like naughty children at all .
They behave like thinking people as most of them are.
Yes they do influence people .
Not everyone has their head in the sand .
More and more people are coming to the realisation of what we are doing to the planet .
Really?
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...ck/ar-BB18tkgq

From Sky News
Moving on to the protests by Extinction Rebellion outside several printworks that stopped newspapers being distributed, Ms Abbott says "direct action, which is what those actions were, is legal".

"These are legal tactics, and we don't want to talk as if it's not legal to take direction action," she continues.

On the suggestion the government could re-classify Extinction Rebellion as an organised crime group, "that would be ridiculous, they are not criminal, they are protesters and activists".

She adds they are simply employing the same tactics as the suffragettes used at the start of the twentieth century.

And pressed on Labour's official response and whether leader Sir Keir Starmer tried to seem more pro-Corbyn to try and get votes, Ms Abbott says: "You may say that, I couldn't possibly comment."
Moon howlers the lot of them

Page 40 of 51 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top