Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2012, 08:29 PM

Re: Gnashing of teeth

Originally Posted by Jonsey ->
Cloven hoof, Noooooooooooooo I can't play the pipes,much prefer to dig my heels in.
Just as well you're not a cockney Jonsey.
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

04-08-2012, 09:15 AM

Uncle Joe ?????? Cockney ???????
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2012, 09:22 AM

Time to Fess up, I watched the Badminton yesterday. Lol
dollie
west sussex
dollie is female  dollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2012, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Time to Fess up, I watched the Badminton yesterday. Lol
ooops so did i spitfire i thought it was brilliant...in fact ive enjoyed watched quiet a bit of the olympics...
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

04-08-2012, 11:58 AM

Ah...............see...............and you all said you wouldn't. By the way, the British Women just got another gold in the rowing.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2012, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by mazzie ->
Ah...............see...............and you all said you wouldn't. By the way, the British Women just got another gold in the rowing.
Seems I'm the only one who has remained true to their convictions and not watched any of it, nor do I give stuff who has or hasn't won medals.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2012, 02:51 PM

Nope Geoff.....This House has been Free of the Games Too. I was intersted in the Torch's Procession through Scotland and was glad I saw it both in John o Groats and in Perth on a visit to Mums. But that was it....Nothing, Nada, No Way. lol.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2012, 07:45 PM

I haven't watched any of it since I switched off the opening ceremony, except for the huge amount of it on the daily news.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2012, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Seems I'm the only one who has remained true to their convictions and not watched any of it, nor do I give stuff who has or hasn't won medals.
Not true... I have not seen any of it, not even the opening ceremony. My only knowledge of what is going on is the results read out as part of the radio news and the odd photo in the newspaper.

However I don't begrudge other people their interest in sport but I didn't see anything at all of Athens or Beijing either other than reports in the news. Sport is not an interest of mine at all.

Like nearly all Australian parents however I did have to take my kids every weekend when they were at school to various venues all over the area as they took part in competitions for their chosen sports.
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

05-08-2012, 11:55 AM

I have watched some of it, especially a final with a "TEAM GB in it, and have immensely proud, not only for the dedication and suffering ( physical) they have endured to get where they are.

I also think that with TEAM G.B. third, ( at the time of typing) in the medal table is a great achievement and I congratulate all who have attained the level of medals won.

My ONLY critisism would be when a commentator / pundit says --- "Ohhh he /shes only come fourth, I was expecting more of them" --- I would have thought anyone with the ability to represent their country at at an Olympic event, no matter which country its played in, is not going to give of their best on the day, why not just say say ---- "Hard luck, bloody good effort, but there's always tomorrow" or something similar.

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top