Join for free
Page 14 of 17 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:20 PM

Re: Cats and Idiots.

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
The one I posted about - four times - is harmless and it works.

Would it work with pigeons, who perch on my tv Ariel?

They are making a terrible mess on my decking.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Plus, of course, if you did decide to sell up Muddy, having a potentially outstanding boundary dispute (and all it entails) isn't what one might consider an attractive selling point.
I think of that all the time .
I want to write a letter stating all this and lodge it with my solicitor .
I also think I should write to him pointing this out he might want to sell and I shall say he moved the boundary
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
The one I posted about - four times - is harmless and it works.
Tabby. As a cat owner, you will be well used to being ignored (by your cat) when trying to tell it something.

Best apply the same "water off a duck's back" attitude here
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Would it work with pigeons, who perch on my tv Ariel?

They are making a terrible mess on my decking.
Not the one I posted the link to, Pauline, It is designed for and works exclusively on deterring cats. Birds and other wildlife are perfectly safe.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I think of that all the time .
I want to write a letter stating all this and lodge it with my solicitor .
I also think I should write to him pointing this out he might want to sell and I shall say he moved the boundary
Probably best to sort it out now while things aren't exactly great between you. Get it all out of the way in one go.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
If it IS on your property you'd better get your solicitor involved sooner rather than later because if he HAS stuck on your land it's possible you might lose that land after a number of years inactivity on your part.
Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Indeed, I also read that somewhere.
Indeed. If he has occupied part of your land for a certain number of years without any objection on your part, he could well end up legally owning it.

I'd seek legal advice from your solicitor in the first instance, showing him the deeds and a photograph of the fence in relation to your house.

See what your solicitor says first before sending any legal claims.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
If it IS on your property you'd better get your solicitor involved sooner rather than later because if he HAS stuck on your land it's possible you might lose that land after a number of years inactivity on your part. As for complaints that watering your plants causing damage to hid fence. --- my way of dealing with that would probably not be your way.
Actually it might be .
When he stuck his head over the fence I felt like I would turn the hose onto his face .
However I held my cool .
Actually i was flabbergasted as we have had lousy weather here with copious rain it’s only yesterday the beds needed water. .
So it’s been wet all winter but it’s my water that’s rotting his fence on my garden
Anyway this morning I called 101 and asked for advice .
The staff woman she not police was quite sympathetic and said she would report it as anti social behaviour but at my request no action would be taken but she gave me a reference no in case of any future trouble and said it had been noted .

Meanwhile I need to melt down some candles and make a wax dolly ……..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Tabby. As a cat owner, you will be well used to being ignored (by your cat) when trying to tell it something.

Best apply the same "water off a duck's back" attitude here
I usually do, Dex, one could go insane otherwise!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

15-07-2021, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Actually it might be .
When he stuck his head over the fence I felt like I would turn the hose onto his face .
However I held my cool .
Actually i was flabbergasted as we have had lousy weather here with copious rain it’s only yesterday the beds needed water. .
So it’s been wet all winter but it’s my water that’s rotting his fence on my garden
Anyway this morning I called 101 and asked for advice .
The staff woman she not police was quite sympathetic and said she would report it as anti social behaviour but at my request no action would be taken but she gave me a reference no in case of any future trouble and said it had been noted .

Meanwhile I need to melt down some candles and make a wax dolly ……..
I'll send you some long, sharp, hatpins!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

15-07-2021, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Indeed. If he has occupied part of your land for a certain number of years without any objection on your part, he could well end up legally owning it.

I'd seek legal advice from your solicitor in the first instance, showing him the deeds and a photograph of the fence in relation to your house.

See what your solicitor says first before sending any legal claims.
As you know solicitors charge you for taking a deep breath and it’s only a small area but I feel sick that this AH has put me in this position .

This is what he is creating about the green bit .
As most people know water and soil combine and do rot wood that is the nature of fences unless maintained on a regular basis .

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	E9812A69-6A4A-4CAE-886E-5AB7A6043CA1.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	16292  

Page 14 of 17 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top