Join for free
Page 10 of 22 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2012, 02:58 PM

Re: Who is God?

I have no belief whatsoever.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2012, 03:05 PM

I like the idea of cosmic consciousness... perhaps we are all "God" manifested in our individual incarnations. I really don't have a need for proof of one theory or another, nor will I be drawn into debate over it.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2012, 03:59 PM

Pity the poor atheist. The dictionary defines ATHEIST as some one who doesnt believe in GOD.
The definition relies on belief in a God being real for the atheist to deny His existence.
In denying His existence is an intrinsic acceptance of something which exists.
Ennit?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2012, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Pity the poor atheist. The dictionary defines ATHEIST as some one who doesnt believe in GOD.
The definition relies on belief in a God being real for the atheist to deny His existence.
Ennit?
Tis!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2012, 06:05 PM

I struggle to understand how faith, and proven tangible science can be reconciled. Surely it has to be one or the other, or are the faithful now saying that God created science as well.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2012, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Ennit?
No. The definition is that there is no belief in god period. It does not rely on anything being real first to subsequently deny it. It means it isn't real to start with - which on the basis of evidence, there isn't.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2012, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
The "Big Bang" theory believers are now in the same classroom as the Flat Earth believers because they now have a new theory, so get with it, it's called "The Inflationary Universe", look it up on Godoogle. It now seems there was no big bang after all, there was an INFLATION and the Universe is still inflating at a rapid rate. There is a fierce row raging in the scientific ranks between the Big Bangers and the Inflationists but the inflationists appear to be getting the upper hand, leaving the Big Bangers with egg on their faces, let them fight to the bitter end, give me the God theory any day.
He is probably having a good laugh at us squabbling over if he exists or not. And watching the scientists tear their hair out disproving one theory after another. Oh the arrogance of men
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2012, 09:04 PM

Graham,

which dictionary did you find your definition of ATHEIST?

I am using FUNK & WAGNALLS.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2012, 10:51 AM

Do I give a stuff??? in the words of Pygmalion - "Not bloody likely".
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 04:02 AM

Sorry if I've transgressed against the forum protocols but three pages is a lot to read back on.
There is no God (or god, if you wish). There are only people. Some luckier than you and some less fortunate than you. God lives in our fears and guilt.

Page 10 of 22 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top