Join for free
Page 234 of 1010 « First < 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 284 334 734 > Last »
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 04:29 PM

Re: What are you having for lunch/dinner?

corned beef tater ash. I love pork best of all.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 07:31 PM

Hi Hazel, my Husband likes Corned beef ash. Do you put tin tomatoes in with it?

Would like your recipe for it. I personally don't like cornbeef.

Sue x
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Hazel, my Husband likes Corned beef ash. Do you put tin tomatoes in with it?

Would like your recipe for it. I personally don't like cornbeef.

Sue x
not had it with tinned toms but don't see why not cos I put tomato ketchup on it and today I put some chestnut mushrooms in. MIL's recipe as much corned beef as you like I put about 1/4 tin in medium onion, 1 stick celery, 1 carrot, 2 med pots 1 veg stock cube and pepper hubby used to put a dash of Worcester sauce in too We also make it with stewing beef then put in a roasting dish with a pastry lid on and bake in oven for potato pie supper always had it Christmas and New Years Eve, my friend used to cut the veg up very small and used minced beef and when cooked put in little pastry cases like mince pies for parties and picnics.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
not had it with tinned toms but don't see why not cos I put tomato ketchup on it and today I put some chestnut mushrooms in. MIL's recipe as much corned beef as you like I put about 1/4 tin in medium onion, 1 stick celery, 1 carrot, 2 med pots 1 veg stock cube and pepper hubby used to put a dash of Worcester sauce in too We also make it with stewing beef then put in a roasting dish with a pastry lid on and bake in oven for potato pie supper always had it Christmas and New Years Eve, my friend used to cut the veg up very small and used minced beef and when cooked put in little pastry cases like mince pies for parties and picnics.
Oooohhhh Hazel darlin' - that sounds fabulous!!!! - Xmas eve Supper???
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

30-11-2012, 09:03 AM

could be depends whether guest would like it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 10:26 AM

Would absolutely LUV it Hazel darlin' - although not too keen on tomatoes as has been previously suggested.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 07:29 PM

Thanks Hazel, my Husband likes sardines but I can't eat them.

We have Chicken Curry, Savory Rice & Potatoe/Pea side dish.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

30-11-2012, 10:05 PM

I like sardines in oil or tomato and like fresh ones now, but don't like pilchards yet they look same to me only bigger. I had a Pakistani curry made by a workmate who much to her MIL's disgust didn't make it as hot as they'd have it, still damn near took the roof of my mouth off but there was a mint and yoghurt dip for the nans at the side, after that I used to put the yogurt in the curry.I love it anyway
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

01-12-2012, 09:16 AM

I like sardines in oil or tomato and like fresh ones now, but don't like pilchards yet they look same to me only bigger. I had a Pakistani curry made by a workmate who much to her MIL's disgust didn't make it as hot as they'd have it, still damn near took the roof of my mouth off but there was a mint and yoghurt dip for the nans at the side, after that I used to put the yogurt in the curry.I love it anyway
Hazel darlin' - Blue Dragon make blocks of cocoanut cream. If you or your friends inadvertently make the curry too hot for your palate, cut off a block of the cream, add it to the curry and allow it to melt down. It will take some of the heat from the curry and enrich and thicken it too. FABULOUS!!!!
Pink Lady
New Member!
Perth Australia
Pink Lady is female 

01-12-2012, 09:31 AM

We are having Roast Beef , Yorkshire Puds , Roast potatoes , and new potatoes ( from, my garden ) French Beans and baby carrots ( also form my garden ) I expect after all of that my husband will also have some ice cream and peaches , NO afters for me !!!

Page 234 of 1010 « First < 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 284 334 734 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top