Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Roma
New Member!
Wales
Roma is female 

21-01-2013, 06:49 PM

Re: Wet dogs

Alfie!! Now if you were a YORKIE I wud be mistaking you for our 3!! I recognise those ickle snowballs!!
Oh, everyone, isn't this hard?!! My yorkie kids were about to phone the RSPCA today until we took them out in the car to seek out areas that are not under loads of snow!!
Wasn't a good walk but was a walk with an outing!
Got home and once more it was snowing like crazy!!
To all sweet doggies everywhere....enjoy or be patient!! xx
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2013, 07:31 PM

I also put a coat on my dog to keep the snow off her fur. Coat might be wet, but furs fine.
Love the photos and video.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 02:12 AM

Lovely photos all. Sorry I couldn't see the video, I only have a red cross there.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Darling little Chloe Well naturally our mini Schnauzer has the same problem with the snow balls stuck to her legs and feet. We put a coat on her that does up on her back with velcro so it protects all her tummy.

I Forgot about putting her feet and legs in a bowl of warm water Meg, I use the hairdryer although she doesn't like the sound of it. (That Chloe looks just like Asti )

Hi Alison Chloe has one of those coats with velcro but won't relieve herself when wearing it, she will in the fleece and knitted coat though She loves the hair drier and rushes upstairs when I am drying my hair in the hope of getting a blast of warm air
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 12:13 PM

Lovely pictures everyone..
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 07:19 PM

Just thought I'd update you with a couple of photos of the boys modelling their new "dungarees", and very smart they are too, wouldn't you agree...

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 07:41 PM

Wow Barry! the boys look super in their dungarees ..... they don't seem bothered wearing them either.

A good buy I would say!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 09:33 PM

My goodness Barry, they are a coat and a half

Are they able to relieve themselves in them?

Did anyone see The One Show yesterday, Matt the presenter said to get snow off a dogs feet and legs is to put each leg one at a time in a bowl of warm water and the snow comes off straight away, just the same as you said Meg.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Roma ->
Alfie!! Now if you were a YORKIE I wud be mistaking you for our 3!! I recognise those ickle snowballs!!
Oh, everyone, isn't this hard?!! My yorkie kids were about to phone the RSPCA today until we took them out in the car to seek out areas that are not under loads of snow!!
Wasn't a good walk but was a walk with an outing!
Got home and once more it was snowing like crazy!!
To all sweet doggies everywhere....enjoy or be patient!! xx
It is so difficult in all this snow Roma, the trouble is with our dog is that she won't do her big-jobs in the garden so we HAVE to take her out.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 12:27 AM

Baby oil & wide tooth human ladies comb & literally comb a very few drops through the coat & the snow slides off... been doing this on horses leg feathers for years. The coat wont be greasy as long as u oil sparingly & comb really well through... wide toothed combs help with the poodly type coats without pulling

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top