Join for free
Page 6 of 19 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2013, 12:11 AM

Re: Reincarnation

I hope I don't come back as a porcupine again next, I was forever pricking myself the last time. Camel is out too, I always had the hump.I liked being a crocodile, my favourite card game was snap. As an octopus my right hand(s) never knew what the left hand(s) was doing.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2013, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Coming fresh from discussing gremlins and their thieving habits, I think we can safely assume anything exists

It is the 'essence of being' the human body is driven by electrical impulses and we all know that electricity doesn't just disappear because the conductor is no longer viable - it has to go somewhere.
One million percent accurate. Electricity can not be killed, and that is a scientific fact without argument so, it must go somewhere.

It may go into the national grid to continue its "life force" powering your lights, computers etc but, it could also go into the new life of a baby born at the same moment as your death to become re-born and live again, of which you will have no knowledge. Is this reincarnation, but without memory of the life before?

Okay, try this for size. The electrical impulses of a serial killer goes into a new born baby. That baby is brought up in love and is cosseted and grows up to be a good person, nothing like what has animated it. This child goes on to become a force of good, rather than evil so it's "soul" for want of a better word, goes up the step of the ladder to enlightenment and to teach others.

I am absolutely NOT a god-botherer as I have no faith in man-made religion, but I do believe that we've been put here for a reason, and hopefully that reason will help the continuance of the human race, but that can't be achieved until we can encompass true love of all creatures.
Seth
Black Rock Vic. Australia
Seth is male  Seth has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2013, 02:26 AM

The subject is very interesting, what really happens when we move to the next stage? while our bodies perish, is our soul, thoughts, memories, asleep until the end of time, Will we be judged on what we know and what we do?
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

15-09-2013, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
One million percent accurate. Electricity can not be killed, and that is a scientific fact without argument so, it must go somewhere.

It may go into the national grid to continue its "life force" powering your lights, computers etc but, it could also go into the new life of a baby born at the same moment as your death to become re-born and live again, of which you will have no knowledge. Is this reincarnation, but without memory of the life before?

Okay, try this for size. The electrical impulses of a serial killer goes into a new born baby. That baby is brought up in love and is cosseted and grows up to be a good person, nothing like what has animated it. This child goes on to become a force of good, rather than evil so it's "soul" for want of a better word, goes up the step of the ladder to enlightenment and to teach others.

I am absolutely NOT a god-botherer as I have no faith in man-made religion, but I do believe that we've been put here for a reason, and hopefully that reason will help the continuance of the human race, but that can't be achieved until we can encompass true love of all creatures.
Volts,Amps or Ohm's?

A bit far fetched that one,even for my "ratty" head!

I think it may be "Impeded" lol, thats a joke!

Billy
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2013, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by billsteamshovel ->
Do you you really think an atom is concious?
I thought our knowledge came from prior experience,as it always does,"practice not theory"? that would prove reincarnation?
I thought our knowledge was from our conciousness (spirit) not from a lump of meat,I am quite sure atoms and molecules are not concious that is what they are,does a shoe know it is a shoe,or does a bird know it is a bird?
I would think that the shoe doesn't know it's a shoe while the bird knows it's a bird..........the essential difference is that the bird has a brain. Therein lies the seat of self-awareness. The YOU is what lies within that brain and scientists are only just starting to discover how this organ operates. When you die your brain turns to mush and what's encaptured in that brain is lost forever. There are no electrical impulses being carried into another lifeform. IMO
Seth
Seth is male  Seth has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2013, 06:18 AM

A bird is a bird because humans call them birds, they would not have a clue unless they were able to speak and comprehend a language, apart from their own chattering.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2013, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Seth ->
A bird is a bird because humans call them birds, they would not have a clue unless they were able to speak and comprehend a language, apart from their own chattering.
You are being pedantic Seth, a bird is aware of it's identity however you phrase it.
Seth

15-09-2013, 06:46 AM

Sorry about that but I have about four magpie families fly in for a feed twice a day, very friendly. they know they can fly and each other, so I agree.

{can't help it" they still don't know we call them birds"}
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2013, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by billsteamshovel ->
I always thought that when a great composer died and they all seemed to leave an "unfinished symphony" that they had to come back as a reincarnation of another musician to finish their work,i dont think Gershwin was just a child prodigy but a reincarnation of a person who was already at birth musically gifted,brought over from previous incarnations.

If you look at Paul McCartney and John Lennon,both massive talents,both just happened to meet in Liverpool one fine sunny day? dont think so,maybe they were meant to meet and collaborate,imagine if they never met? where would them two be today,would they just be two normal people,going through the motions of life always wondering why they feel like they have missed out on "something"
Great artists too, and scientists or mathemeticians,that is a lot of "unlearned" talent to be born with,where did they get this knowledge/talent it come from somewhere!
Thats what I was trying to say - difficult to put into words of clarity tho' - well for me anyway ......
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2013, 08:45 AM

If reincarnation does happen ,who says we will come back as Homo Sapiens ? could come back as a blobfish !

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13792311051789

Page 6 of 19 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top