Join for free
Page 5 of 38 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 07:22 AM

Re: Emmerdale

Very impressed with Lesley Dunlop's acting, all through the cancer and now the discovery her daughter was murdered. She won't get any awards because this is Emmerdale but she deserves one for this.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I don't even understand why they had an armed response team as Cameron wasn't armed with any weapon, and the cameras should have seen that.

Methinks in real life they would have just bashed down the door and surrounded him, but this is a soap after all, for the greater effect.
That's true!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Very impressed with Lesley Dunlop's acting, all through the cancer and now the discovery her daughter was murdered. She won't get any awards because this is Emmerdale but she deserves one for this.
True as well. I loved it when she slapped Debbie: well overdue!!! Now she's locking her doors and acting scared. Not such a cocky little madam now, are we?!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 09:39 PM

Just caught up on Omnibus! Great acting from Cameron, really manic!
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 09:59 PM

Cameron looked like he had lost the plot last night.
Debbie gets on my nerves, seems to think she is better than the rest of the Dingles. No matter what happens, she always has a chip on her shoulder.
Glad Brenda gave her a good slap, Cain or Charity should have given her a good slap at some time.

Like the relationship between Cain and Moira.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 12:49 AM

This was extremely well-acted, especially by Cameron, although I've never liked the character.

They can only play the parts they're given and some are played well, and some are less than special.

I'm glad poor Brenda gave Debbie a wanger across the chops as she deserved it, but I think we're going to see a new side to Debbie now, perhaps even a little more humble and respectful of Charity and Cain. I don't think her mum or dad should have slapped her because they're the ones who gave her up in the first place, so they have been trying to recompense for that.

Don't forget, she's got a chip on her shoulder because her mum and dad disowned her as a baby, so she is dysfunctional. I'm not excusing her. Just seeing a different side to her.
Markey
Kent, UK
Markey is female  Markey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->

Don't forget, she's got a chip on her shoulder because her mum and dad disowned her as a baby, so she is dysfunctional. I'm not excusing her. Just seeing a different side to her.
I felt so sad for the young Debbie when she arrived in Emmerdale in 2002 looking for her mother.

In earlier accounts of Emmerdale Charity was 13 when Debbie was born and Cain was 15. Charity’s parents threw her out when they found she was pregnant and she worked as a prostitute, putting Debbie in care. Cain never knew about Debbie. In some later accounts Charity’s birth date is given as 1975 which makes her 14 when Debbie was born.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 02:45 PM

Yes me too sadly didn't take her long to turn into a sour faced madam though who doesn't deserve any sympathy really.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2013, 12:53 AM

Yes Julie, but that's just the point of Debbie. It's all front with her, showing herself to be the hard knock like her mum and dad but I think this incident with Cameron has brought out the vulnerability in her, and when she came out of the house and Cain hugged her so tightly, then she knew she wasn't as hard as she's tried to show on the outside.

Yes, Charity was 14 when Debbie was born, and I also remember her coming to the village and showing a photo of Charity to somebody, but I disremember to whom she showed it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

23-09-2013, 08:56 AM

Was it Emily she played a huge part in Debbie's earlier story lines.

Page 5 of 38 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top