Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2013, 11:20 AM

Re: Passed loved ones

we do this at Samhain ( you call it halloween) we also name and welcome the new babies at this time, it is good to remember loved ones, and they usually leave memories that can help us with problems
mom55
Boston Ma
mom55 is female  mom55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2013, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by shazy ->
I dont think it crazy either, to talk to our loved ones..
Im always talking to my late hubby, and asking for help
or advice, to show me a sign, if im doing anything wrong/right.. x
Thank you Shazy...I ask for signs too but then I don't get what I'm suppose to look for as a sign
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2013, 08:17 PM

I should think nearly everyone here has lost someone very close. Personally I try not to dwell on such memories as I had enough to be honest when the associated feelings were so very raw and painful. Thankfully such feelings have lifted and I can look back at their lives in their entireties. For some people the memories remain raw and that must be quite a heavy burden to bear. You have to get on with your own life at the end of the day though, in my opinion, and I look more to the future now rather than the past. What the hell do I know though...each, I suppose, to their own.
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2013, 12:28 AM

Life goes on after losing a loved one and the first anniversary of losing OH has just passed.

The day wasn't easy and I can't forget it, was a Sunday,the church bells ring to remind me, although the actual date this year was the day after. Throughout the year, I've coped quite well as I have a few true friends who have 'held me close', but as yet, the memories of that afternoon are very raw.

But, I have lovely memories, photos, lovely stepdaughter and grandchildren and that really does help.

Gwyn
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2013, 11:00 AM

It is 29 years ago today since my husband died, 5th December 1984.

That is a place I do linger in my mind, I just think about it fleetingly.
I don't need to 'go there' , it serves no useful purpose but to makes me feel sad.

I came to terms with my loss long ago and the knowledge I would never again experience the kind of love and happiness I felt when with my husband. Once I accepted that I found a kind of peace
mom55
Boston Ma
mom55 is female  mom55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2013, 03:13 PM

Sorry for your loss Meg. Jan 28th it will be 20 years since I lost my husband. Although I feel the peace there is still not a day that goes by that I don't think of him. On the 28th it will be the same, I will think of all the good memories we once shared and celebrate his life!! same goes for all my passed loved ones!!....till we all meet again!...I miss and love you all very much!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2013, 06:55 PM

Thinking of my father's death on 16th Dec.
It was some years ago now but today, the anniversary, I remember him and revere his sense/balance/rationale.

A good and charming man who was well liked
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2013, 02:16 PM

I am also remembering my Mam who died on 30th December 1983. Cant believe 30 years have passed. I am thinking of her now as for 2 weeks before she died I had to put her in the Hospice because I couldn't cope anymore after a year of looking after her with Asbestos, and two young kids.
Don't fret anymore about it as I don't feel as though I should have any regrets, I did what a Daughter does just like my Mam looked after me as a child. I would do it again even though I lost my hair and was ill for a year. I am still here 30 years later so have no complaints and love her memory.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2013, 06:58 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who talks to those gone from my life. Every morning, first thing I ever do, I have a ritual of picking up Mum's photo (then Dad's), saying good morning, and giving a kiss! If I forget, and do it later, I apologise.

It's been 14 months for Mum, and over 8 years for Dad. Over the last ten years or so the family have also lost my brother's girlfriend (who was also my sister's SIL), my sister's partner, I have lost two cousins in the last year, my Mum's cousin lost her partner early this year, an aunt died a few years ago not long after celebrating her 90th.

When with my sister on Sunday and her daughter/family, I was talking about the children who had been born in the past 6/7 years who didn't know their great grandad (my dad), and how sad that made me feel. I know it happens all the time but when it's in your own family...

So, here's to my Mum and Dad, who are now together, to all my late relatives and others...here's to you. Love and miss you all very much.

xxxxxxx
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 11:43 AM

Our worst month is September this seems to be the month over the years when we lost a loved one.

On the anniversary of any event we raise a glass to absent friends with joy rather than with sadness. We know the hurt is still there.

I chat away to loved ones who have passed if there is something that I think they would have found funny or liked, do we call this a coping mechanism.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top