Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2014, 09:57 AM

Re: Lottery Win

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Life's a lottery, difference being you don't want your number to come up.
Life's a lottery, the difference being
you don't want your number to come up
Greed becomes the overseeing
Feature, ain’t life tough enough
TO squander your hard earned cash
For a piece of paper, soon to be trash
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2014, 12:28 PM

I never do any lotteries, although I might consider it if numbers had jockeys on their backs to steer them out of the drum. The wife does the numbers in the bookies, based on the lottery draw, she selects three numbers and whatever way she crosses them if they come out she collects 1,300 euros which she does two and three times in the year, she's streets ahead of what she puts on. One of her sisters won half a million euros three years ago on the Irish lottery so the girls in her family are fairly lucky, pity I can't say the same for their husbands.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2014, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
We won £91 matching four numbers on the national lotto.
It's not much though is it for four numbers, beats me how anyone manages to win the lottery I have difficulty getting one number!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2014, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
It's not much though is it for four numbers, beats me how anyone manages to win the lottery I have difficulty getting one number!
That's what I felt cranberry so I stopped doing the National Lottery for that reason too.

2 years ago I got 4 numbers - £64!

Probably get more at a Bingo hall!!

The Postcode Lottery suits me. No millions involved - I don't want or need millions - top prize is £400,000 and that'd do me nicely if I was that lucky but there's different draws all the time and once you have bought your ticket, you are in most of them automatically.

I didn't even know about the one I've just won a tenner on! stevmk2
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2014, 03:34 PM

I've been putting a couple of lines on every Saturday since the lottery started...but stopped it when they put it up t £2 a line .got a tenner quite often...never any more than that.I'd like it better if they kept the top prize at £1000000 and gave a bit more to the other prize winners.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2014, 03:53 PM

I tried the health lottery a few times cos it's only £1 and the top prize is around £100,000 I think that'd do nicely.

Never heard of the postcode lottery stevmk2......is it easy to do? Oh, think I would've cried if I'd only received £64.00 for 4numbers!!!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2014, 04:05 PM

I tried the health lottery a few times cos it's only £1 and the top prize is around £100,000 I think that'd do nicely.

Never heard of the postcode lottery stevmk2......is it easy to do? Oh, think I would've cried if I'd only received £64.00 for 4numbers!!!
I saw it advertised on TV and looked it up - see here: -

https://www.postcodelottery.co.uk/Pl...FTDMtAodTyEAxQ

I set up a £10 per month Direct debit for 1 ticket and that's it - it's all online or you can opt to have them 'phone you if it's over £1000.

The site will tell you all about how it works.

As I do it DD I can't forget it now as the only way is to cancel the DD & inform them. stevmk2
cranberry
Notts, UK

02-01-2014, 05:03 PM

Just had a little peek, will have a proper look later. Seems a bit fairer the division of the 'pot'.

Oh and thanks stevmk2......where are my manners?!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

02-01-2014, 05:32 PM

Just had a little peek, will have a proper look later. Seems a bit fairer the division of the 'pot'.
Oh and thanks stevmk2......where are my manners?!
Exactly cranberry - it IS a much fairer Lottery and it still gives a lot to Charity too if that's a concern!

I have reservations about the Health Lottery having tried to find a list of Charities they supposedly support.

Their site says

"The Health Lottery scheme manages 51 society lotteries that operate in rotation and each represents a different geographical region of Great Britain" but I couldn't actually find a list anywhere, so how do we know? stevmk2
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2014, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Exactly cranberry - it IS a much fairer Lottery and it still gives a lot to Charity too if that's a concern!

I have reservations about the Health Lottery having tried to find a list of Charities they supposedly support.

Their site says

"The Health Lottery scheme manages 51 society lotteries that operate in rotation and each represents a different geographical region of Great Britain" but I couldn't actually find a list anywhere, so how do we know? stevmk2
The Health Lottery is not a national lottery but 51 local society lotteries each representing one or more local authority areas. Each one is licensed by the Gambling Commission and will raise money for health related good causes within their respective local authority areas.

Money raised will not go towards services that are covered by existing NHS funding. Instead, through the local society lotteries’ partner charity, the Peoples Health Trust, the monies are distributed across Great Britain to health related good causes important to local communities within each local society lottery area. This means that every single part of Great Britain gets a share of the pot.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top