Join for free
Page 79 of 106 « First < 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2014, 01:56 AM

Re: Corrie

I just watched the Hayley Tammadon and Dan clip from Dancing on Ice, which was brilliant, but I'm increasingly becoming saddened by Hayley Cropper's very sad and cruel imminent death.

Julie Hesmondhalgh is playing the part brilliantly and is actually looking increasingly very frail as each episode is aired and is indeed a true portrayal of somebody in this condition.

I've cried on several occasions during Roy and Hayley's private moments together.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2014, 10:24 AM

Mollie, that's why it is so watchable, because of their terrific acting. They underplay it, not like some actors/characters, who overdo it!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2014, 10:56 AM

Indeed and the contrast between their so excellent acting and some of the other members of the cast is becoming increasingly obvious !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2014, 11:20 AM

When I watch some of the actors, and actresses, I sometimes think, do you, would you, talk and behave like that in real life? Some of them need to tone it down.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2014, 01:14 AM

I'm not sure I like this storyline with Hayley and Roy - I can't help wondering about people who have recently received the same kind of diagnosis, how must they feel. Will it make them think there is no hope and just give up? Will they worry when they see Hayley and think 'that's how I'll end up'?

I find it all thoroughly depressing and have started to tune out now when those scenes come on (mind you, I do that when I see Leanne and Nick, Kylie and David, Liz and anyone else).
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

04-01-2014, 10:23 AM

It is most probably a controversial storyline, but I'm sure Corrie crew have researched it all sensitively.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2014, 12:18 PM

I'm getting thoroughly bored with the Leanne and Nick storyline.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2014, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
I'm getting thoroughly bored with the Leanne and Nick storyline.

Too right Stella, same here. I've been fed up with them for a while now.

BV The same thoughts have passed through my mind about Hayley's decline, mainly because of Mum's cancer.
I know people can't not talk about it, but the detail they are going into looms very ominous to me. Hayley's ill looking make-up particularly strikes a chord because Mums colouring and skin and changed so much too.
I, too, have started to not watch some bits as Hayley worsens. I will deal with things as they come along, but I don't want to watch on telly as well.
zinnia
Wiltshire
zinnia is female  zinnia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2014, 01:08 PM

I just wish they would bring Norris and Mary (annoying as she may be) back - at least there was a little humour in their lives. Everything is so depressing with all the story lines at the moment - nothing at all to have a laugh about. Like others - I skip over the Hayley decline.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2014, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Too right Stella, same here. I've been fed up with them for a while now.

BV The same thoughts have passed through my mind about Hayley's decline, mainly because of Mum's cancer.
I know people can't not talk about it, but the detail they are going into looms very ominous to me. Hayley's ill looking make-up particularly strikes a chord because Mums colouring and skin and changed so much too.
I, too, have started to not watch some bits as Hayley worsens. I will deal with things as they come along, but I don't want to watch on telly as well.
I'm in two minds about this. I think it IS very hard for those who have similar situations in life, but I also think it is portraying something which is often rather a taboo to talk about, and I think it is portraying it very sensitively. But it probably makes a difference that I have seen many people in this position. If I hadn't, and I were in your situation, Mups, I guess I too might switch it off.
Lots of hugs to you, Mups.

Page 79 of 106 « First < 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top