Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 09:33 AM

Re: Novel slant on Atheism.

'giggle'
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
that's your interpretation not the bonifide accepted one - keep methinking!
Since when do I have to accept someone else's "bonafide interpretation". I prefer to think for myself rather than follow the crowd thanks...
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 10:39 AM

well just toddle off and re-invent yourself somewhere -we don't mind!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well just toddle off and re-invent yourself somewhere -we don't mind!
Is that a bonafide interpretation of my posts?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 04:08 PM

not at all your posts are irrelevent!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 04:14 PM

And then there are those of us who believe all those gods and The ones we worship today are all one and the same just cultures see him differently.

And us Quakers who welcome all even welcome atheists into our meetings.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Non belief is a religion in itself, and I gladly worship at it's altar. To each his own methinks..
On the contrary. Non-belief is simply the natural state of people before they encounter various forms of indoctrination. You simply cannot define atheism in terms of religion - each atheist is different with different moral and philosophical views and a different outlook on life. I know atheists with whom I share almost nothing in terms of morals, politics, or philosophy. The only thing we agree on is that we don't find the need to pretend our lives, the world and the universe is subject to the whims of God, Allah, Zeus on the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Saying that non-belief is a "religion" is like saying that not having cancer is a disease!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
On the contrary. Non-belief is simply the natural state of people before they encounter various forms of indoctrination. You simply cannot define atheism in terms of religion - each atheist is different with different moral and philosophical views and a different outlook on life. I know atheists with whom I share almost nothing in terms of morals, politics, or philosophy. The only thing we agree on is that we don't find the need to pretend our lives, the world and the universe is subject to the whims of God, Allah, Zeus on the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Saying that non-belief is a "religion" is like saying that not having cancer is a disease!
But that could be a description of religion too, I share beliefs with a some Christians so I am a Christian but some other Christians are so unlike me it's almost unreal we could each be Christians.

And the way some Atheists carry on especially on forums is like they have a religious belief and need to spread the word like an evangelical believer would.
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 11:51 AM

does that prove that Paganism is the true faith as true pagan honour all the Gods, because they all have their place
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 12:30 PM

Isn't Paganism based on a reverence for nature?
Don't worship the devil nor practice Black Magic .. but do believe in witches.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top