Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 03:52 PM

Re: Have you ever visited a Psychic?

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Made 'me' laugh
No Patsy, not "our Meg"
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 03:56 PM

I 'know' that - our Meg isn't mystic at all, down to earth she is
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 05:02 PM

I've never visited a psychic. I can say this with absolute certainty because there aren't any.

I do believe though that clever, unscrupulous people can get gullible people to believe absolutely anything, and earn good money for it in the process.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 05:11 PM

If you are truly psychic..and it does happen..

You never take money...don't go on television..and don't even set yourself up in a tent in Blackpool..

We exist...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
'There is no such thing as spirits.'
'There are no such thing as ghosts.'
'There are no such things as UFO's.'
'There is no God.'

These are the basic beliefs of most people. They are impossible to prove scientifically or logically. There are all complete bunkum.

...Until you experience them for yourself.
Then you find yourself in a dilemma. You know they really do exist. You are unable to convince others, and you feel embarrassed even to talk about them..

This is often very true H.

Imagine how a Victorian man would feel if he saw a television, or a mobile 'phone, or a jet fighter. He would be branded as some type of weirdo - yet he would know.

Once again I agree.

Perhaps one day, there will be scientific instruments that prove beyond a shadow of doubt that there are such things out there. Until then, the wonderful powers of the brain, both animal and human, continue to 'detect' something....

I said almost exactly the same thing in another post recently H.

Meanwhile, the charlatans will continue to exploit the weak.
Probably !
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 01:00 AM

Has anyone heard of Sylvia Browne? She's from the U.S., well she died not long ago but I did read her book All Pets Go To Heaven.

It also talked a lot about people & levels of dimensions. I so want to believe everything in her book but again, there she was, all dolled up & expensive looking, sigh.....
Bluerose
London UK
Bluerose is female 

22-06-2014, 11:11 AM

Have you watched The Mentalist? That’s how I think of it - cultivated intuition.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
'There is no such thing as spirits.'
'There are no such thing as ghosts.'
'There are no such things as UFO's.'
'There is no God.'

These are the basic beliefs of most people. They are impossible to prove scientifically or logically. There are all complete bunkum.

...Until you experience them for yourself.
Then you find yourself in a dilemma. You know they really do exist.
Not necessarily. I've had a few unusual experiences over the years, a couple going back as far as my mid-teens, but none of them have led me to think that anything supernatural was the cause of them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Not necessarily. I've had a few unusual experiences over the years, a couple going back as far as my mid-teens, but none of them have led me to think that anything supernatural was the cause of them.

Perhaps you're right Tachyon, maybe they weren't 'supernatural' but likewise, maybe they were! I guess you'll never know . . .
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 12:32 PM

I never used the word 'supernatural' in my reply, Tach. I was trying to say that the unusual experiences we probably all have are beyond our understanding. On several occasions, I have been aware of friends and relatives passing over before somebody else told me. One in particular was of a relative who I hadn't met for well over 50 years, yet I 'knew' the day she had died.
This doesn't mean that I believe in ghosts or spirits floating around in another dimension. I just don't understand it. I also doubt that I could convince you; you would probably put it down to a coincidence, or suggest that I had subconsciously overheard a conversation. Likewise, you would be unable to persuade me it didn't happen.

Nobody really understands how electricity works, even physicists and scientists, yet we all use it. Nobody really knows how aspirin works, yet mankind has used it for a thousand years.
Sometimes, it is better just to ignore how things work, and use them anyway.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top