Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2014, 10:43 AM

Re: Peaceful Islam - Violent Islam?

The mind boggles at the pure inanity of religion, for the whole religion thing is indoctrination from birth and with islam being one of the most extreme. If they weren't brainwashed with lies in the first place there would be many less reasons to kill one another later.

Why believe in any god, it's all such absolute tosh...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2014, 10:49 AM

Well I think religion is being blamed for far too much it's people who choose the violence, people who would if it weren't for religion be choosing something else to fight over IMO. Most if not all religions are based in love for other people it is twisted by man to mean something else.
Annabelle
Tasmania Australia
Annabelle is female 

26-06-2014, 11:19 AM

It certainly is hard to believe that there is a God but I believe that we have to believe in Good and try to do the best we can - that is encourage Good in our lives. Of course that is believing that there is Evil aS well and we have to try to discourage it.
Deepwater
vietnam
Deepwater is male 

26-06-2014, 11:26 AM

Great words Isodore but the truth is people use the different faiths as an excuse to do harm.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2014, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well as these threads often get side stepped here we go again! - having been a great student at one time of the Christian bible there are numerous examples and stories of "murder, butchering and beheadings" instigated by the God of Abraham and his descendents.
So... let me get this straight..... because in the past other religions have promoted fanatically cruel, warmongering and inhuman behaviour amongst their adherents, we should somehow excuse a religion whose adherents are doing these things right now?

Muslims have killed over 10,000,000 other muslims since the 1960's in an appalling worldwide holocaust and all for a pathetic fairytale.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2014, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Is what we are seeing today in Iraq and Nigeria and Syria and indeed many other parts of the Middle East and including Iran just a continuation of this long history of "the holy wars" and will we war forever?
The short answer is Yes gumbud.

Muhammad, The Messenger of Allah died 1382 years ago in 632AD, leaving no heirs that reached maturity.

He left a fledgling Islamic "state" that has unfortunately gradually become more and more at odds with the two other Abrahamic Faiths, despite having so much in common, particularly with the Jewish faith.

He also left behind instructions on who was to be his successor and that's where the whole problem begins because Shias claim it was supposed to be Ali ibn Abi Talib, his cousin but Umar ibn al-Khattab, a close companion, nominated Abu Bakr who was then proclaimed leader after more support sided with Umar.

As I've said before, having lived and worked in the Middle East, North Africa and Iran and having an enquiring mind, I often asked why the problem could not be resolved in a peaceful manner, especially as Islam is supposedly a peaceful "religion".

Just as with Northern Ireland years ago, the answers I got were "it's political" and "it's religious differences", but never "it's political AND religious differences" which effectively rules out any real hope of reconciliation at least whilst the present Ahmadiyya Caliphate, controlled by Sunni-dominated Saudi Arabia, remains in control. stevmk2

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top