Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2014, 09:45 AM

Re: General Election

You can protest by spoiling your vote paper, that sends a message whereas not voting just looks like apathy. Take the time to vote but don't endorse any of them if that is how you feel.
touchwood
england
touchwood is male 

26-06-2014, 11:29 AM

USED TO vote conservative, untill they became slaves to the market, and now they would sell off nhs, bbc and our institutions
i do not want to live in a company, i want to live on a country. they have betrayed us all to big companies, as to did labour, bring back the moderate tories and social democratic values eg like in germany, not this extreme market nonsense, and i would return, pre thatcherite consensus was at least a mixed economy, not this spiv trash.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2014, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by touchwood ->
USED TO vote conservative, untill they became slaves to the market, and now they would sell off nhs, bbc and our institutions
i do not want to live in a company, i want to live on a country. they have betrayed us all to big companies, as to did labour, bring back the moderate tories and social democratic values eg like in germany, not this extreme market nonsense, and i would return, pre thatcherite consensus was at least a mixed economy, not this spiv trash.

Oh really??? Edward (Teeth), Harold (You've never had it so good) MacMillan, Anthony Eden (useless git - who tried to involve us in yet another middle Easten war over the Suex Canal).
touchwood
england
touchwood is male 

26-06-2014, 12:21 PM

yes really, macmillian was not an ideologue , built houses when needed, etc
you can use the market , but its not a philosophy, the right imported this from the republicans in the usa, and led to the creation of an underclass, at the last election the tories against a weak labour party, could not get much more than 36%, the legacy of thatchrite policies has led them to into being a southern party, just look at the results, to reach out beyond this is going to take years, and i say this as a southerner.

part of the trouble is that the right do not understand capitalism, its meant to embrace welfare, and the two run
concurrently ,unless of course they want to inhabit uk plc,you must have seen the collapse of the eastern block, you have seen the collapse of the market system in a kind of slow motion, i say give equal attention to both.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2014, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by manasota ->
Vote for someone you least object to.
..and this is what our democracy has degenerated into - vote for the person you despise least! Hardly an inspiring message for the electorate.
touchwood
england
touchwood is male 

26-06-2014, 01:17 PM

IDK, YET i begin to think you are correct hahah
funny how a party can say eg no big change to nhs and do the opposite, yet we all go and vote anyway, maybe when they all stop lying, we all would be more keen.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2014, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Deepwater ->
I cannot decide who to vote for in the up coming General Election.
As I see it, if your on benifits you vote for labour, if you own a company and a little more self relient, you for the Tories. Me being in the middle, I have no where to place my X.
In all my years politicians have never been of any benifit to me, each Budget, they have taken more from me, as I scramble up the slippery slop, each year they manage to push me back a little.

Please give me a reason to get off my butt and get down to the poling station.
Lets put it another way......How would you feel if you suddenly found out that you and others who refused to vote in the past were not allowed to vote any more???
Deepwater
vietnam
Deepwater is male 

26-06-2014, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Lets put it another way......How would you feel if you suddenly found out that you and others who refused to vote in the past were not allowed to vote any more???
The terrible truth is I do not believe it would make the blindess difference if we all never voted again. We do not a demorcractic political system, there is a chose of 2 major players, neither takes any notice of the electorate.

The only way is revolution but who would anyone of us trust, maybe the answer is to get rid of the political system altogether. Who knows.

I've been voting all my life, yet I have never made a difference, I'm still subjected to things I do not want to happen.

What good has this mass influx of people done for us, us oldies can't even get in to the doctors/dentists, our schools are jam packed, the boot just gets heavier on your neck.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2014, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You can protest by spoiling your vote paper, that sends a message whereas not voting just looks like apathy. Take the time to vote but don't endorse any of them if that is how you feel.

Never thought of that Julie. I'll see what I feel like when the time comes.
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
..and this is what our democracy has degenerated into - vote for the person you despise least! Hardly an inspiring message for the electorate.
You know you've taken this out of context.

If everyone is not to your liking, why not stand yourself? Or are you afraid you'd get less votes than anyone else?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top