Join for free
Page 10 of 26 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 09:56 PM

Re: Over 50s Dating

Tsk, tsk!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
You missed out thoughts.

I believe it can safely be said that you got all of these.

Azz wrote..."I look forward to hearing your thoughts, ideas and feedback"...
Here let me fix that for you - not that it makes any real difference:

Well, strictly speaking, I asked for thoughts, ideas and feedback about a dating site - not what people could do/use instead of one

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Just an opinion, another site i was on started a dating site and chat room for similar reasons. The owner started to bombard members with messages pushing both of these. Many members complained as they had no interest, result they have been leaving, at least you can close your membership by contacting him.
And i stated my reason for going, he was ok with it, still think if he had an option to opt out he would have kept more members
Good point Nom.

If we go ahead with it, we won't be bombarding members with messages on either site. There will be a link on each site to the other, but that's probably as far as we'll go
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Why people take umbrage at little quips is beyond me, no one said "married people aren't allowed on this thread" sheesh!
I don't see that anyone has 'taken umbrage'
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 10:26 PM

nor did I
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
nor did I
There we are then...all's well.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 10:28 PM

always look on the bright side of life de dum de dum
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 01:57 AM

Ok, so if I understand, the dating site will be a site within a site, in other words OFF will also become a dating site ? Did I understand correctly ?

I am not against dating sites, I am single and have tried several, but I also know that if I am on a social site, that is what it is, social and discussions and if I would want a dating site, I would go to a dating site.

Personally, it could work if both are kept separate. If not, I am afraid you will need more moderators to moderate OFF, because as soon as OFF shows 'dating" when you google, it often will attract more spammers or scammers then you can handle You will also need moderators to moderate the dating site, because again there will be scammers and spammers.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 07:34 AM

Why do we need a dating site, is it that important to put stuff in chronological order.
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

02-07-2014, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Butterfly2013 ->
Ok, so if I understand, the dating site will be a site within a site, in other words OFF will also become a dating site ? Did I understand correctly ?

I am not against dating sites, I am single and have tried several, but I also know that if I am on a social site, that is what it is, social and discussions and if I would want a dating site, I would go to a dating site.

Personally, it could work if both are kept separate. If not, I am afraid you will need more moderators to moderate OFF, because as soon as OFF shows 'dating" when you google, it often will attract more spammers or scammers then you can handle You will also need moderators to moderate the dating site, because again there will be scammers and spammers.
No that isn't what Azz said. He said that there would be a link from one site to the other and vice versa. Rather in the manner of the link to the cat and the dog site, I would imagine, although Azz would need to confirm that is how it would work.

Also, on the subject of needing more mods to handle spammers, Azz said that there would be a charge for the verification on the dating site. Spammers target free sites by and large so I shouldn't think they would want to pay to spam.

It might be a good idea to read Azz's posts where he answers people's concerns, he puts it rather better than I can
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Why do we need a dating site, is it that important to put stuff in chronological order.
Thanks Spittie

Page 10 of 26 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top