Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 11:02 PM

Re: You ate WHAT??

Liver is really not that bad for you.
There are numerous articles about it on the net, the following being one of them:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/does-...#axzz38tgcuJPZ
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 11:10 PM

When my Granddaughter came over from NZ she was taken out for a Full English Breakfast part of which was Black Pudding. After she had cleared the plate she asked what the black stuff was and when I told her she yelled " You Fed Me Blood??" at the top of her voice in the restaurant.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
If it just wasn't so bad for you as far as cholesterol.. It's a good source of iron, but think about what the liver does. It cleans toxins out of the body.. it produces cholesterol. It produces certain hormones.. it stores sugar in the form of glucogon.. and it does this in cows, and lambs or any other mammal.. I have to weigh it's pros and cons.. the cons won.

But Audrey - we have statins to take care of that!!!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
When my Granddaughter came over from NZ she was taken out for a Full English Breakfast part of which was Black Pudding. After she had cleared the plate she asked what the black stuff was and when I told her she yelled " You Fed Me Blood??" at the top of her voice in the restaurant.
When I first came to Australia my first meal where I was staying had some orange coloured vegetable. I asked what it was and was told pumpkin, 'That's pig food!' I said much too loudly. My Uncle, a farmer, grew pumpkin to feed to pigs and I had never seen it fed to humans.

Very embarrassing.

Funny thing is to this day i have no idea what pumpkin tastes like having never even attempted to eat it.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 12:58 PM

A colleague at work drank warm milk from a cow just taken from his grandfather's farm. He's never drank milk since................
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
But Audrey - we have statins to take care of that!!!

Don't get me started on the flippin' statins...
JoAnn
ohio united states
JoAnn is female  JoAnn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
A colleague at work drank warm milk from a cow just taken from his grandfather's farm. He's never drank milk since................
That is funny..once you know where it comes from..changes everything.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 04:24 PM

I eat very little meat.. now.. but what I do eat comes neatly packaged in styrofoam and shrink wrap... straight from the butchers case. I'd like that to be the extent of my knowledge.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 04:25 PM

I once worked with a Muslim lady who went round the local Halal butchers to collect bulls sperm for her husband to drink...

''It made him stronger''...
AudreyII
USA

30-07-2014, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
I once worked with a Muslim lady who went round the local Halal butchers to collect bulls sperm for her husband to drink...

''It made him stronger''...
When I was in nursing school... we learned that some people actually took home the placenta from a family birth to EAT!! It was part of a religious thing.. or something..

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top