Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 11:14 AM

Re: Body Image for later lifers!

Yes that makes sense to me Anita.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 11:29 PM

Well I was going to buy a new mirror recently, I was that worried.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 11:35 PM

Not a fat lot has changed here.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 06:12 AM

Been a Plugly all my life so not that worried as you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear. You learn early that your not one of the beautiful people, they have a habit of telling you.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 07:33 AM

My father used to say looks were for now and brains were forever.

My stepmother visited at the weekend, she is now retired and has started a uni course for seniors called discovering language. Its all about how and why we use language the way we do and why it has changed.

She loves being at uni so much she is planning to carry on but to take a course in legal studies..
She never was a great looker but she proves that brains outlast looks!
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 08:08 AM

I agree about very attractive women feeling it more. I have a friend who was absolutely stunning in her younger days. Sadly, she now has Parkinsons and is getting old too quickly and is trying to cover it up by still dressing and having her hair done in the way she did when she was very much younger - high tottery heels, low necklines, short skirts. i can understand it and wouldn't say anything for the world and I know it's her own choice but she doesn't realise that it draws attention to her age rather than disguising it. It's just sad for me to see it.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 09:21 AM

There's plenty of people with good looks and intelligence, the two can often go together.
I'm happy to say more than a few in my own family, I am sadly the exception. .

That is sad for your friend JW, coming to terms with having Parkinsons is a tough one anyway, she probably feels inside that she is losing everything and also dressing to look her very best as she sees it may be helping to distract her from that, and Parkinson's can affect your mood for the worst apart from the fact of having it.
Hope it progresses slowly and she keeps well as long as possible.
Marmark1
Devon
Marmark1 is female  Marmark1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 09:38 AM

The thing is,if you're obese,as you age the ailments set in.out come the walking sticks,and frames.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 10:05 AM

Sticking a bit of face cream and lipstick on doesn't always make you attractive, what makes you attractive is your personality.
If you have a nice personality you have it all in my book.
I always remember the saying "Mutton dressed as lamb"
As for dress, I dress for the occasion whatever it might be.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
My father used to say looks were for now and brains were forever.

My stepmother visited at the weekend, she is now retired and has started a uni course for seniors called discovering language. Its all about how and why we use language the way we do and why it has changed.

She loves being at uni so much she is planning to carry on but to take a course in legal studies..
She never was a great looker but she proves that brains outlast looks!

That's brilliant, Cass, well done to her. I really admire people like that.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top