Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 04:31 PM

Re: overkill

Originally Posted by Anzac ->
We have eau de sewage farm and eau de slurry round here...I don't mind the smell of horses and sheep.
OH is asthmatic and anything pongy in the perfume line starts him wheezing so we are very smell neutral. However, when he's away it's different story; out comes the perfume, I love L'Occitane Verbena and I love the smell of certain joss sticks and scented candles.
I reckon anyone passing would know whether he was here or not!

I can picture the scene
ToffeeCup
Hertfordshire
ToffeeCup is female 

03-06-2015, 04:42 PM

When I go in a public place, sometimes the perfume is really strong and makes me cough, it could be that the sense of smell isn't so good for some people and don't realise how much they put on.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 04:51 PM

Its true - my sense of smell is very keen ........
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
I'm assuming your neighbours actually wash first and don't just put the perfume on top of every other bodily smell . It's the smell of stale perfumes that I don't like.
It's just quite strong...like you'd expect in a launderette when many machines are going. Maybe it's needed to wash the clothes of two young children? Who knows.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 10:50 PM

I've noticed some woman use far too much perfume & everywhere they go it wafts over everyone & everything. Walking down a street, in shops, in resteraunts, anywhere. Mostly it's the wrong type for the person wearing it anyway.
I only ever liked one perfume, it suited me so all my friends said, but it's no longer made. Norman Hartnells In Love & I loved it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 10:55 PM

Said this before, there is only one fragrance for Blokes, "Gent's of St Pancras".
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 04:13 PM

I do wear Old Spice whenever I go out, but don't think that I put on too much, but who knows. My sense of smell is buggered so I could smell like anything for all I know!! The wife sprays herself with Chanel every morning too.

Neither of us use those scented shower gels or anything though (just a bar of Imperial Leather) so at least if we do smell strongly it is only of ONE fragrance.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top