Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 02:05 PM

Re: Doctors salaries - worth it?

And those striking should have their wages docked.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
And those striking should have their wages docked.
Are they being paid, it's not normal to pay strikers that's why we have so few strikes I always think.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 02:24 PM

We could have a never ending debate on individual cases but all employees if the NHS should be on an employment contract at an hourly rate for a fixed number of hours work each week. If they work over they should they should be paid overtime at a rate of 50% more for each hour worked, with a maximum number of hours to be worked each week.
There were always standard rules for employment and pay, and I believe they should still apply.
As for consultants. If they do regular work for the NHS they should be working a minimum number of hours each week at a fixed hourly rate and additional hours worked should be paid at the same hourly rate as other overtime ie 150% of the normal hourly rate.

The problem is that the NHS are afraid of not having any consultants wanting to work for them, because they can earn more in the private sector... but they would not all get enough hours work in the private sector because the NHS has the majority of patients.

Morty is right that the system should be overhauled , and having worked with a union on many aspects of employment law, I would love to sit in and listen!

Basically the highly paid medical professionals are ripping off the NHS and I believe that the Tory governments could be using this to get rid of the NHS and get everybody to pay for their own healthcare, probably through some insurance scheme. Proving this would be very difficult though!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
We could have a never ending debate on individual cases but all employees if the NHS should be on an employment contract at an hourly rate for a fixed number of hours work each week. If they work over they should they should be paid overtime at a rate of 50% more for each hour worked, with a maximum number of hours to be worked each week.
There were always standard rules for employment and pay, and I believe they should still apply.
As for consultants. If they do regular work for the NHS they should be working a minimum number of hours each week at a fixed hourly rate and additional hours worked should be paid at the same hourly rate as other overtime ie 150% of the normal hourly rate.

The problem is that the NHS are afraid of not having any consultants wanting to work for them, because they can earn more in the private sector... but they would not all get enough hours work in the private sector because the NHS has the majority of patients.

Morty is right that the system should be overhauled , and having worked with a union on many aspects of employment law, I would love to sit in and listen!

Basically the highly paid medical professionals are ripping off the NHS and I believe that the Tory governments could be using this to get rid of the NHS and get everybody to pay for their own healthcare, probably through some insurance scheme. Proving this would be very difficult though!
I agree but I can't see that happening if hunt can't sort this disputed out now.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 04:27 PM

The GP practice attended by my wife declares the hourly income of staff on its Web-Site.

Staff
3 doctors full time....4 part time...average pay £64 per hour.

Number of admin staff.....14 !!!!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree but I can't see that happening if hunt can't sort this disputed out now.
Add the BMA and the striking junior doctors, all should sort it, as all are guilty in my eyes.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
The overtime seems pretty lucrative too ...

One NHS consultant was paid £375,000 in overtime on top of his regular salary last year.

Payments of about £600 in overtime for a four-hour shift are common - three to four times what consultants get normally - but there was some evidence of payments around the £1,000 mark.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-36898881

It's about time the system was overhauled.
OMG that is shocking!!!

You know, I wouldn't mind if they were actually all about REAL health and TRUE knowledge - but they are not! They are KILLING people by pushing big pharma lies and nonsense. It makes my blood boil

I firmly believe that I would be dead if I had left my health into the hands of these so called 'doctors'. Some of them didn't even know the basics of the drugs they were pushing!

If that wasn't bad enough in itself, I think it is disgusting they get paid so much - by us, the tax payer - to destroy the lives of innocent people who turn to them for help. The world is surely messed up and something needs to be done about it.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 04:32 PM

In yesterdays paper a reader ask "Why are there no foreign doctors in Italian Hospitals", if true anybody know why?
dukeofearl
south coast uk

02-09-2016, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
OMG that is shocking!!!

You know, I wouldn't mind if they were actually all about REAL health and TRUE knowledge - but they are not! They are KILLING people by pushing big pharma lies and nonsense. It makes my blood boil

I firmly believe that I would be dead if I had left my health into the hands of these so called 'doctors'. Some of them didn't even know the basics of the drugs they were pushing!

If that wasn't bad enough in itself, I think it is disgusting they get paid so much - by us, the tax payer - to destroy the lives of innocent people who turn to them for help. The world is surely messed up and something needs to be done about it.
I agree with that. The link attached is the story of a now deceased friend. Sorry if you have read it before as it was once a posting subject of mine.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/peartbio.htm
CailinRua
The High Coast
CailinRua is female  CailinRua has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 05:40 PM

I have far more respect for doctors than for reality show eejits who are famous for nothing whatsoever and socialites who have never done a day's work in their lives and spend their time swanning around 'living orf Deddy's money' like the parasites they are.

The sisters of my avatar are both in the medical profession.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top