Join for free
Page 110 of 1010 « First < 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 610 > Last »
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2011, 11:30 AM

Re: What are you having for lunch/dinner?

Pasta bake and veg.

We want a light lunch after two Christmas dinners the last two days.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2011, 01:39 PM

Ham and pickle sandwiches as a light lunch....
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2011, 02:54 PM

Just had a nice Turkey salad with new potatoes.

Now a small glass of Dr. Hennessey to help wash it down.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2011, 05:06 PM

Another light meal: ham and cheese on a hoagie roll, sweet corn and potatoes risissole.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2011, 01:07 PM

We had pork for Chrismas lunch, duck for boxing day and took mum in law out for lunch on Tuesday, I had chicken, leak and ham pie while hubs had steak and ale pie really lovely and such good value. Mum in law had a child's meal of turkey and chips bless her.

Today I have made a soup with black turtle beans, and left over ham which I was disappointed to find was a bit salty but it really is a good soup. I am putting the recipe on the recipe thread.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 10:14 AM

Since I'm encumbered with elbow crutches (can't stand without them) standing in my kitchen trying to cook is a major problem at the moment, so my meals will be very simple for a while - will have a Cornish pasty, and a tin of beans today. - Something that just needs heating for some minutes while I can sit in my lounge again.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 12:30 AM

today we had chicken curry, dad made it and it was really nice.

Tomorrow its another Christmas dinner for us, i am looking forward to it, got a really nice Marks sand Sparks crown so i expect it to be nice
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Since I'm encumbered with elbow crutches (can't stand without them) standing in my kitchen trying to cook is a major problem at the moment, so my meals will be very simple for a while - will have a Cornish pasty, and a tin of beans today. - Something that just needs heating for some minutes while I can sit in my lounge again.
Uncle Joe, you should contact your local Age UK and explain that you live alone and are having difficulty coping after your operation. They're an excellent organisation and perhaps will organise something for you in the interim.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Uncle Joe, you should contact your local Age UK and explain that you live alone and are having difficulty coping after your operation. They're an excellent organisation and perhaps will organise something for you in the interim.
Thank you for the advice Mollie darlin'. As you all know I'm fiercely independent and will TRY to do things for myself. Only if I can't or know I can't will I concede defeat. I took a piece of chicken out of my freezer last evening and it defrosted overnight. Later this morning I wil place it in a roasting tin with a peeled onion, parsnip and a few potatoes and do a normal Sun day roast. Still have a couple of Xmas puds, and will, whilst the veg is steaming, cook the pud too and have that for a sweet with some custard.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Thank you for the advice Mollie darlin'. As you all know I'm fiercely independent and will TRY to do things for myself. Only if I can't or know I can't will I concede defeat. I took a piece of chicken out of my freezer last evening and it defrosted overnight. Later this morning I wil place it in a roasting tin with a peeled onion, parsnip and a few potatoes and do a normal Sun day roast. Still have a couple of Xmas puds, and will, whilst the veg is steaming, cook the pud too and have that for a sweet with some custard.
It's good to hear you're looking after yourself, Uncle Joe ...... take care you don't overdo things though (and I don't mean your food!!!

Page 110 of 1010 « First < 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 610 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top