Join for free
Page 18 of 43 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 11:57 AM

Re: And Still They Try To Thwart Democracy!!

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

When were you last in Poland?

You complain about Eastern Europeans but support immigration from the Middle East and Africa.
Never but that doesn't stop me chatting to polish friends who tell me why they are here and what they've left behind or are you suggesting they are liars ? I believe them they are good people.

I support immigration that is controlled and managed so we don't take all the people from one village, people we need or to train them so they can return and improve their own countries. I support asylum, we have a proud record of helping people. The masses from the eu are stopping us doing that because it's turned people against immigration and they no longer support any immigration from any where as they have seen their areas change so dramatically.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 12:11 PM

Hi

As has quite rightly been said, there are more non EU Migrants in the UK than EU. Migrants.

Let's start with them, no need to wait for the EU at all.

Then we have the 600.000 illegals here, out they go, 600,000 more jobs for the Brits, which will be at least minimum wage

What that will mean is that if you live in a nice part of the UK and you refuse to take a job on the same pay in a not so nice part of the UK, then you have your benefits slashed.

Why should the Taxpayer pay £700 a month housing benefit when they could only pay £350 a month?

This wouldn't affect those where there are no jobs, just those who choose to leve in an expensive area and expect others to pay for it.

Then we start on the EU migration when we leave.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 12:15 PM

So you want to make unemployment ghettos then Swimmy. ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 12:16 PM

I can't get past the first line it makes no sense at all. Perhaps you are cleverer and it does but it doesn't to me.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I can't get past the first line it makes no sense at all. Perhaps you are cleverer and it does but it doesn't to me.

Hi

Edited to make more sense.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
JBR I can only be saddened at the rather round about way you plac the blame for all your ills on the EU... etc...
You just don't get it, do you?

The primary reason why I voted for Brexit was the simple fact that I do not want to be governed or ruled by a group of foreigners who are completely unaccountable to British voters: the European Commission.

I also strongly object to our paying millions of pounds annually to the EU, and then their proudly declaring that they are very generously giving us money to use as they see fit - OUR OWN money, and far less than we pay them!

As the years go by, it seems that they are extending their tentacles further and further into our country, creating more and more rules and regulations for us to follow despite the fact that so many of them are to our detriment.

Now, if you Frogs are happy to submit to the same things, that's fine by me. I suppose a very similar thing happened in 1940, didn't it?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-11-2016, 12:44 PM

Well if you can show me where I ever said illegal immigrants are ok I'll be surprised. But unless you want cleaners and manual workers all living in one area and richer people and businesses in others I'm not sure your way will work very well.

I'm in social housing in a rich area because they need cleaners, on my wages I could move north but not have a job because I can't afford to commute for a cleaners wages.

We need mixed areas so those of us who do the grunt work can service the richer people. It wasn't always the case I guess when we had big manufacturing areas all us undesirables could have lived there in the cheaper housing but work is now much more service based.

Rich areas will always need cleaners so you have to either pay us enough to live there or supliment our rents.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

16-11-2016, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
So you want to make unemployment ghettos then Swimmy. ?
Hi

Absolutely not Nom, exactly the opposite.

There are parts of the UK where traditional Industries are gone, so even if you want a job, you cannot get one.

In those instances, there is nothing that can be done other than attract new jobs.

95% of Government Employees for example, could be moved out of London and the South East to areas of high unemployment.

I fail to see however that if you are young and fit why the Government should be paying you £700 a month Housing Benefit to live in say, Bristol, when they could only pay £350 a month elsewhere.

That just not make sense to me.

We have loads of migrants working here, low Housing costs, whilst our own don't want to move to a Rural Area and get their hands dirty.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 12:52 PM

Angela Merkel is in no way responsible for the immigration into the UK since the UK border is not open.
Yes she is. She encouraged the mass influx into Europe. After that, they infested everywhere they could possibly get to, especially because of the EU's 'no borders' rule.

And further, let's be clear. The displaced people in Calais did not want to stay in France. They were moved out at least twice from Sangatte an then the Jungle but they always came back.
The French don't want them...if the border was where it should be, at the southern coast of the UK, YOU would be clearing camps in Dover.
The border, as I understand it, is midway between France and Britain, or at least 10 miles from the coast of Britain. If I had my way, our warships and coastal vessels should turn them back before they cross that international border.

France didn't "let them in"...the border is open. There are no control posts. No customs.
And here is the real problem. If you want to have open borders, that's your problem, but don't be surprised if millions of locusts invade your country, and don't think that you have a right to palm them off on to us. Refuse them entry through any of your borders, and those who are already in your country send them back whence they came. That's your problem, not ours.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You just don't get it, do you?

The primary reason why I voted for Brexit was the simple fact that I do not want to be governed or ruled by a group of foreigners who are completely unaccountable to British voters: the European Commission.

I also strongly object to our paying millions of pounds annually to the EU, and then their proudly declaring that they are very generously giving us money to use as they see fit - OUR OWN money, and far less than we pay them!

As the years go by, it seems that they are extending their tentacles further and further into our country, creating more and more rules and regulations for us to follow despite the fact that so many of them are to our detriment.

Now, if you Frogs are happy to submit to the same things, that's fine by me. I suppose a very similar thing happened in 1940, didn't it?
First of all I am not French.
Secondly I think you could stop name calling. It doesn't add to your credibility.
Thirdly your misunderstanding of how the EU works is causing you all sorts of problems for the future.

Once again NO EU LEGISLATION IS ADOPTED BY ANY COUNTRY UNTIL IT IS PASSED BY THE NATIONAL PARLIAMENTS.
THE EU IS UTTRERLY ANSWERABLE TO THE UK PARLIAMENT. EU LEGISLATION HAS TO BE APPROVED BY ALL 28 NATIONS.

Thirdly the Commission DOES NOT VOTE ON EU LEGISLATION. It acts as the Civil Service. The Council and Parliament propose legislation.
Do please read up on this.

Fourthy could you please give me some examples of EU laws that are to the detriment of the UK?

Page 18 of 43 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top