Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 08:54 PM

Re: Are you a hoarder?

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
Ha Ha your Mother sounds like me I buy way to much soup and beans when they are on 5 for 3 offers at Asda ( other Supermarkets are available)
Don't forget the curry sauce!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I didn't want to mention the sweetcorn, the spaghetti in tins and her all time favourite- onion relish

It does my head in. Beginning of the year I hoked out the cupboards and wrote a list of what was in there and stuck it on the door You would think 5 bottles of balsamic would see her life out??? Nope she's snuck another 2 in the house

And for my sins, after me and mr missy redecorating our living room and me boxing up all the tat he likes as ornaments and he agreeing, I did find a tiny little chicken egg cup in a charity shop which reminded me of my nan. I showed it to mum, and she's come home with a flipping miniature church ornaments for us to find house room for - I dispair
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 09:07 PM

No - I like to be as minimal as possible.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Originally Posted by Missy ->
I didn't want to mention the sweetcorn, the spaghetti in tins and her all time favourite- onion relish

It does my head in. Beginning of the year I hoked out the cupboards and wrote a list of what was in there and stuck it on the door You would think 5 bottles of balsamic would see her life out??? Nope she's snuck another 2 in the house

And for my sins, after me and mr missy redecorating our living room and me boxing up all the tat he likes as ornaments and he agreeing, I did find a tiny little chicken egg cup in a charity shop which reminded me of my nan. I showed it to mum, and she's come home with a flipping miniature church ornaments for us to find house room for - I dispair
You mentioned the curry sauce I said don’t mention the curry sauce, I think I did once but I thought I had got away with it

You never know when you might need vinegar, what if you crack yer head? Vinegar and brown paper
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
You mentioned the curry sauce I said don’t mention the curry sauce, I think I did once but I thought I had got away with it

You never know when you might need vinegar, what if you crack yer head? Vinegar and brown paper
Shoot, I forgot to mention the brown paper and empty boxes and sweetie and biscuit tins . One of the spare bedrooms is full of such like
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 10:16 PM

Not sure if I'm a hoarder or not. I do tend to keep 'things' thinking I might need them. So I keep them for years, then decide to bin them, then think that I need them, but they're gone.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 10:57 PM

Let me introduce you to lordruthio, a shopaholic and hoarder

When we had our new kitchen built last year we had a new fitted tall cupboard freezer which contains 7 substantial drawers.
Previously we'd had a big chest freezer in the garage.

So I fully intended to transfer the contents of the chest freezer into the new kitchen freezer and put the chest freezer on eBay or gumtree.
I spent all one day doing the transfer and succeeded in more or less emptying the chest freezer.
But guess what? It has mysteriously filled up again!!

So now we have a kitchen freezer which is pretty full and a big chest freezer which is also getting pretty full!

Oh, and did I mention the set of shelving in the garage which is packed with everything from ten tins of baked beans, four jars of marmalade, about twenty packets of cupasoups, two huge boxes of tea bags...you get the drift. If there's a seige all come here!!

And don't get me started on all the wood, the old bits of shelving, old doors etc that "might come in useful"!!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 11:31 PM

Lol Ruthio, Lord Ruthio sounds very practical and sensible. With inflation as it is you are probably going to make a killing.

I see it as making astute purchasing decisions and think nothing of buying 10 bottles of viakal or three boxes of dishwasher tabs when they are on special offer. Not only do you save lots of dosh but you don't have to worry about buying them for a while.

But hoarding junk is something else entirely. I am constantly trying to downsize on "useful" junk. Seems such a shame to throw stuff out when there is nothing wrong with it. If only there was a market for it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Not sure if I'm a hoarder or not. I do tend to keep 'things' thinking I might need them. So I keep them for years, then decide to bin them, then think that I need them, but they're gone.

That sounds just like me, Pesta.
I rarely need them till I've either given them away, or chucked them away.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 05:49 AM

If I ever feel that I have too much stuff I'll sell what I can and give clothes (after I've washed them) to charity.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top