Join for free
Page 69 of 79 « First < 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 > Last »
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 06:23 PM

Re: Junior Doctors strike.....

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Have you ever been on a picket line facing Thatcher's thugs?
Have you? I wasn't on a picket line but I had to pass through them so I saw both sides of the dispute in the miners strike .Much of the violence came from the miners themselves. The company I worked for lost a lot of money but we were lucky. In other companies it cost jobs.Many of the miners went through all their savings and finished up broke, and all to feed one man's ambition.
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 07:04 PM

Are you suggesting that the striking miners were the dupes of Scargill? If so, you evidently have not the slightest idea of how unions work. Possibly because you ignore all evidence and merely follow party propaganda. No doubt you also believe England will rule the waves once more if we leave the EU.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Many of the miners went through all their savings and finished up broke, and all to feed one man's ambition.
I agree with you.

Whilst I admire coal miners: something I could never do, but I've always felt that Scargill was a shit-stirrer.

I often wonder whether, whilst the miners were suffering lack of money, he continued to receive generous payments. I'm sure someone will be here to put me right!
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree with you.

Whilst I admire coal miners: something I could never do, but I've always felt that Scargill was a shit-stirrer.

I often wonder whether, whilst the miners were suffering lack of money, he continued to receive generous payments. I'm sure someone will be here to put me right!
Ironically he tried to buy his London rent free miners flat on the cheap under Thatcher's right to buy policy. What a hypocrite!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25731328

This thread has gone off topic.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Have you? I wasn't on a picket line but I had to pass through them so I saw both sides of the dispute in the miners strike .Much of the violence came from the miners themselves. The company I worked for lost a lot of money but we were lucky. In other companies it cost jobs.Many of the miners went through all their savings and finished up broke, and all to feed one man's ambition.
Yes I have, are you proud of your involvement in the defeat of your fellow workers?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Yes I have, are you proud of your involvement in the defeat of your fellow workers?
Brave we watched I am ashamed to say from down here, it looked very much like intimidation of the workforce and coming from a police family we were ashamed of what the police were doing. Luckily none of ours were sent up there because they really didn't want to be involved.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
Are you suggesting that the striking miners were the dupes of Scargill? If so, you evidently have not the slightest idea of how unions work. Possibly because you ignore all evidence and merely follow party propaganda. No doubt you also believe England will rule the waves once more if we leave the EU.
Yes I'm suggesting just that. Now exactly what evidence am I ignoring? What propagander am I ignoring? And no we won't rule the waves anymore but being out is better than being small cog in the European machine.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 08:57 PM

Being in is much better than being forced into slavery by Tory bastards.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Brave we watched I am ashamed to say from down here, it looked very much like intimidation of the workforce and coming from a police family we were ashamed of what the police were doing. Luckily none of ours were sent up there because they really didn't want to be involved.
You have miners in Surrey?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You have miners in Surrey?
No and I didn't say we did. Bit puzzled how you thought I did.

Page 69 of 79 « First < 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top