Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 06:17 PM

Re: Don't PUt Your Clocks Back?

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
put her hair straightners just out of reach on the wheel ....simples ;0)

I have always fed my dogs at different times as it stops them becoming demanding at the right time when your busy doing some thing ...I swear dogs i have had in the past could tell the time .
Baggy when you have a dog with reflux (in this instance an excess of bile caused by an empty stomach) an hour can mean the difference between throwing up and being ok.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 06:25 PM

Oh clocks going back are fine its the spring one that sends Phoebe potty, and me.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Baggy when you have a dog with reflux (in this instance an excess of bile caused by an empty stomach) an hour can mean the difference between throwing up and being ok.
My Boo has suffered with this over the last couple of years , she serches out a certain type of grass which she will eat when she feels it coming and i have given her a few grains of omeprazole (with my vets blessing) which stops her throwing up bile but her stomach does make a lot of noise. Its not often probally every couple of months, I also suffer some times especially if i eat pastry or warm cakes out of the oven.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
My Boo has suffered with this over the last couple of years , she serches out a certain type of grass which she will eat when she feels it coming and i have given her a few grains of omeprazole (with my vets blessing) which stops her throwing up bile but her stomach does make a lot of noise. Its not often probally every couple of months, I also suffer some times especially if i eat pastry or warm cakes out of the oven.
..no problem here Baggy if I stick to regular meals and a biscuit last thing at night to prevent a tummy being empty too long .
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
A thrifty couple will not be putting their clocks back this weekend - because it saves money on their energy bills.

Retired John and Janys Warren, from St Georges near Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, live 'in the future' an hour ahead of everybody else and save a third on their gas and electricity bills.

The couple stopped putting their clocks back five years ago when they realised the darker and shorter days were triggering John's headaches.

Living on British Summer Time all year round meant his headache's eased, they could enjoy an extra hour of daylight and save money.

Janys, 69, said: "We have lower fuel bills and far more usable daylight hours with evenings not seeming endless.

"We don't put the heating on until we get up and by then it is warmer anyway. We've saved about one third on our heating and lighting bills.

The decision was made when John, a retired general manager of a refurbishment company, started to suffer severe headaches - sometimes up to eight a day. Experts believe changes in the body's biological clock can trigger neurological pain.

John said: "I was receiving palliative care and being given morphine in hospital to reduce the pain.

"Then Janys heard someone who suffered from the same thing went to Australia, did not change his clocks, and did not have an episode.

"We decided not to change our clocks and it worked for me as well. It has eased my headaches - but more than that, we just found that being an hour ahead worked for us."

On a typical day, the couple who have six grandchildren get up at 8.30am 'their time' - 7.30am in 'our' time - and go to bed at 11pm, which is 10pm for the rest of the UK.

John said: "It just a far more pleasant way to live through the winter. You get far more daylight and you don't get endless dark evenings.

As a result of their clock change, the combined gas and electricity bill for their three-bed semi-detached home is just £900 a year.

I don't understand how it lowers the bills if you are up an hour later than you would have been?

Anyone tempted to give this a try?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/couple-who-...4.html#sV2sI2R

Sorry but this story makes no sense what so ever.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Exactly! I really don't get the logic of it at all and thought I was missing a really obvious point but apparently not.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2013, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
It is probably like those Queenslanders who won't have daylight savings at all because the extra hour of daylight fades their curtains.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2013, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Exactly! I really don't get the logic of it at all and thought I was missing a really obvious point but apparently not.
Makes no sense to me either.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2013, 10:53 AM

I have been doing this for years Ania, but it doesn't save you any money, you have to be very careful you don't miss an appointment and look at your clocks differently.
The only energy it saves is your energy changing the clocks, and being clock enthusiast it saves me time.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2013, 11:46 AM

OMG, you guys confused the proverbial out of me. I tossed all the clocks I could find in the garbage. It was about time too.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top