Join for free
Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 09:41 AM

Re: Swearing and rudeness in general

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
I still remember hearing a female say the F word when I was a 15 year old at my first job, it made me flush bright red.

Times have changed, still hate the C word, but must admit to swearing, mainly to annoy the wife.

I actually said *cough* "bloody" today and my grand daughter was in hysterics, I said "I suppose I have to bloody do it" and she took it literally.
She thought it was blood I was speaking about......and kept on saying it.....bloody bloody bloody........What have I done ?

Her other grand parents are religious, I'm not, so may get banned from ever seeing her again.

I am hiding up here from the politics and immigration threads......give me asylum please.....eFF them wierdos......so opinionated.

I feel safer here...........hope I haven't offended anyone.
There's nothing wrong with offending people, Bruv.

Personally, I'd rather offend some supercillious prig ( of which there are several populating these forums) than pretend to be someone or something I'm not .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 09:55 AM

With bad language ?
What does that do but show up the user ?
ETA I do use bad language and it does me no credit I'm afraid .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 10:18 AM

Constant swearing doesn't do a person any credit at all, it just labels them as not the brightest cookie in the drawer, imo.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
With bad language ?
What does that do but show up the user ?
ETA I do use bad language and it does me no credit I'm afraid .

It does if like me you say it under your breath .
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 10:28 AM

My swearing was pretty much confined to the workshop where we all swore quite a bit. All males together.

We never swore in front of the female staff. I never heard them use swearwords either but maybe they did amongst themselves for all I know.

Swearing has never been part of the vocabulary outside of work and none of the family swear in our house.

Seeing as how I stopped work many years ago, I hardly swear at all now. I might swear just occasionally if I'm on my own.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The Builders work late in your street LD.
No spitfire, that's just our vicar and his wife.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 10:39 AM

I only heard my father swear once, and that was when an idiot, who wasn't looking where they were going, hit our car. I never heard my mother swear. My husband doesn't swear either.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 10:45 AM

I have noticed that swearing is almost commonplace on TV now and I’m not very keen on it.

Obviously Chef Gordon Ramsay started it but the other night I switched on The Hotel Inspector and Alexis Forte’s opening words when she arrrived at a rundown hotel was “f***ing hell”. there was no need for that and she repeated it a few times during the programme.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I only heard my father swear once, and that was when an idiot, who wasn't looking where they were going, hit our car. I never heard my mother swear. My husband doesn't swear either.
My mother never swore. I only heard my father swear once. This was when we were out in the car and he was driving with the window down. It had just rained and a car coming in the opposite direction went through a puddle. A large amount of water splashed though the open window right into my dad's face.

We all thought it was hugely funny. So did he in the end but he couldn't stop a couple of immediate swearwords coming out.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
I have noticed that swearing is almost commonplace on TV now and I’m not very keen on it.

Obviously Chef Gordon Ramsay started it but the other night I switched on The Hotel Inspector and Alexis Forte’s opening words when she arrrived at a rundown hotel was “f***ing hell”. there was no need for that and she repeated it a few times during the programme.

I agree with your Flowerpower, it's common place on telly now. And as for Gordon Ramsay, I can't stand the foul-mouthed old git.
I think he wanted to get noticed or shock originally, all publicity for him, but it's mostly all he's known for now.

There is a big difference to me on whether for example, you stub your toe or shut your fingers in the car door or whatever, and you let out a choice word or two, than swearing continually in every sentence for no reason whatsoever.
THAT is what I find unacceptable.

Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top