Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2013, 11:29 PM

Albino Frogs.

My Mum has a small pond in her garden, and every year she gets an awful lot of frog spawn and not long afterwards, loads of baby frogs hopping about everywhere. Well last night, she reckons she saw an albino frog sitting on her back door step. Has anyone else ever seen one of these, (in Britain), or do you reckon she'd been at the sherry?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2013, 11:32 PM

Re: Albino Frogs.

I'm not a lover of links myself, but this will show that your mum may not have been at the sherry after all.

http://allaboutfrogs.org/weird/strange/albino.html
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2013, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I'm not a lover of links myself, but this will show that your mum may not have been at the sherry after all.

http://allaboutfrogs.org/weird/strange/albino.html

Thanks for that Mollie. I'd better apoligise tomorrow
I have seen pictures of them in other countries, but never in England.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2013, 11:43 PM

A chap near me has some in his pond and he is fiercely protective of them his garden is like Alcatraz.

I have kept Albino clawed toads/frogs for a time but they are not very loveable.
THese are the ones which were used in pregnancy tests in "THe old days"
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-08-2013, 02:01 PM

That's interesting too RJ, thankyou.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 07:40 PM

Try to get a photo! Love to see it.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 09:59 PM

Me too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-08-2013, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Try to get a photo! Love to see it.
I'll just have to keep my eyes open when I go over there. Trouble is you don't know when it is likely to appear, so I could hang about for days before I see anything, but will keep my phone or camera with me when I go visiting and see what transpires. I agree, it would be very interesting.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top