Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2014, 03:30 AM

Coincidence? Or something else?

Not sure where this belongs, but this seems as good as anywhere, and am sure mods will move if they think it belongs elsewhere.

So! You know how sometimes you can get a tune in your head? Comes right out of nowhere, you have no idea where it is from, and yet it is so very familiar? Well for about a week have had this song in my head, sung in a very particular way. Read my book and it goes, stop reading and there it is, read/type something on here and the same thing happens, even in breaks between t.v. progs it pops up, and it was driving me nuts. Anyway, as have frequently mentioned, I tend to either channel hop during ad breaks, especially on channela who's breaks seem longer than the actual programmes, or I go to the listings section to see what alternative may be on so, earlier tonight (well technically last night) was doing this and I spotted that one channel was showing a film I loved when I saw it some years ago, so I clicked on it. Talk about bit of a shock, the film (Moulan Rouge to be exact) was the source of my mysterious song/tune, and what is spookier I had joined the film at the exact point where the song is featured, the Roxanne tango.

I know that several times in the past I have mentioned a film to my son and within the week it has turned up on telly, but that was odd even for me.

The thing is, my mum always maintained that her mother and elder sister could do spirit writing, and read tea leaves, and a friend who was a medium was always nagging me to join her Church because she said she sensed the ability in me. BUT, I am the worlds biggest sceptic, so have always refused.

Any thoughts or comments?
Angelfire
South, USA
Angelfire is female  Angelfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2014, 03:44 AM

Re: Coincidence? Or something else?

That has happened to me many times. The song "Crystal Blue Persuasion" would play on the radio of my car for instance, long after the song was popular. I finally figured out that that song playing was a sign to me that a problem I was going through, would be resolved in my favor. I believe it is my guardian angel just giving me a message.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2014, 06:04 AM

I suppose it's like that feeling that contestants in "Deal or no Deal" have about the contents of their box. You know, when they say "I have a strong feeling that there's big money in my box" ..........and it turns out to be 50p !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2014, 09:31 AM

Yes Daisy, had this happen many times and has always been relevant ....
Like when you think of someone and then they phone, (you haven't heard from them in ages)
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2014, 10:54 AM

I am sure people you meet and know have some kind of telepathy with
you. I can think of my sister or brother and within 5 minutes they ring
you. I have had the songs as well and you find out what it was in the most unusual circumstances.
I love to read disbelievers comments about a belief I have that you have guardian Angels who look after you. Also that people can be psychic.
I have had so many times that I knew it was true I could write a book.
To think we have developed over millions of years into the human beings
we are now and not developed some unusual talents. That's unbelievable.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2014, 11:05 AM

I agree telepathy, is not far fetched. Also that gut instinct, its always worked for me, a couple of times I ignored it, and regretted it !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2014, 11:18 AM

Coincidence! Pure and simple. You've heard the song before in a film that film is going to be shown again somewhere sooner or later.

The next day we went on a bus ride to the ferry
And when nobody came to collect our fares
Why I knew then this was something special
I couldn't stop thinking about her
And every time I switched on the radio, there was somebody else
Singing a song about the two of us

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-02-2014, 11:40 AM

Must be what Bruce says - pure an simple .....
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2014, 03:48 PM

I get premonitions all the time daisymay, which is what you're describing, although people will always say "it's a coincidence"

Once or twice, maybe it's a coincidence but I've had this for absolute years - songs, names, incidents etcetera, suddenly coming up in my mind for no obvious reason at all.

My most recent one was the song "The good ship lollipop" which just would not go away!

That was last Sunday, as I said to friends present at the time. stevmk2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2014, 05:27 PM

My most recent one was the song "The good ship lollipop" which just would not go away!

I was thinking about that song too Steve, Shirley Temple had died and then for some reason, may have been because she was a tiny child, I thought of that other song 'Tiptoe through the tulips' and Tiny Tim, remember him?, I think he thought he was Shirley Temple, funny how the mind works, it can be a source of great amusement at times and a terror at other times, but a fantastic piece of equipment to have, so I'm told, mine is brand new, still in the box, I'll have to take it out and use it sometime.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top