Join for free
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 01:08 AM

Canada's On The Road To Ruin

Looks like Canada is heading for a Prime Minister who's vain, airheaded & thinks more of his attraction as a himbo rather than a serious politician.

His name is Justin Trudeau & last I heard, on the way to the funeral of our Finance Minister, a very respected & capable man, stopped to take a 'selfie' for a fan who called out his name.

This guy will get in of course because of the machinery running behind him, plus his father was Prime Minister decades ago.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 06:46 AM

Re: Canada's On The Road To Ruin

From what I remember - your first paragraph could equally describe his father !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour;446420[B
]Looks like Canada is heading for a Prime Minister who's vain, airheaded & thinks more of his attraction as a himbo rather than a serious politician.[/B]

His name is Justin Trudeau & last I heard, on the way to the funeral of our Finance Minister, a very respected & capable man, stopped to take a 'selfie' for a fan who called out his name.

This guy will get in of course because of the machinery running behind him, plus his father was Prime Minister decades ago.

SNAP!!! darlin' - we've had a similar Prime Minister here for the past 4 years.
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 10:15 PM

Have to agree with you Joe .. but I cant see anyone else on the side lines
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 03:50 AM

These things come and go, we are in a similar situation. Australia unfortunately has an ideologue for a Prime Minister at the moment however it may well be that he is leading one of those rare creatures, a one term government.

There is no one in the the current parliament of any stature, in the main they seem to be poll driven, party toadies who have never had a proper job and have all the political nous of a carrot.

We have been very lucky with the economy set up for us by a series of good visionary leaders in the form of Hawke, Keating and even little Johnny Howard. Hopefully it will tide us over until someone of substance comes along in the not too distant future.

What the world doesn't need at the moment is another GFC because there is no fat left, the danger is that the low interest rates will lead to just that.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 05:19 AM

I don't know what's gonna happen, but I do know they're all as bad as each other, and Canada's survived a lot of shite for a long time. Despite them.
Go Canada!!

That's as close as I will come to talking about politics on a forum!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
I don't know what's gonna happen, but I do know they're all as bad as each other, and Canada's survived a lot of shite for a long time. Despite them.
Go Canada!!

That's as close as I will come to talking about politics on a forum!
Agree with both of your comments

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top