Join for free
zinnia
Wiltshire
zinnia is female  zinnia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 06:07 PM

Winter Pansies

I bought 'winter pansies' plugs which arrived too late and very small to plant out in the autumn. They spent the winter in the conservatory - still very weedy. Eventually I planted them in tubs on the patio where they are now in full bloom and looking great. Problem is - what do I do next month - pull them up to plant the summer bedding plants in the pots or will they go on flowering throughout the summer? In fact are they different to summer pansies?
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 08:36 PM

Re: Winter Pansies

If they are scraggly and you want to make room, just cut them back to a leaf joint.
Otherwise let them carry on.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 09:08 PM

I had a simalar problem once, my winter Pansies did hardly anything then come summer they really took off ,i left a few in and mixed them with my bedding plants .
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2014, 09:56 AM

I too left my winter pansies in as they were late coming through and were still going strong and just added summer pansies in with them.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top