Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2014, 08:40 PM

Gay Ballroom Dancing

Hi all.

What do you think of this new trend of 'Gay Ballroom Dancing' in New York?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2014, 08:45 PM

Re: Gay Ballroom Dancing

Why not? If they enjoy it. But I think in the UK there is some plan afoot to ban same sex dancing, or is that just in competitions?
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2014, 08:59 PM

Dancing ! my favourite subject !!!

In London especially there are a few ballrooms which cater for same sex couples ... and why not

Every year in October there is a "Same Sex" ballroom competition in Blackpool at the Winter Gardens ... I've never had the opportunity to go but from the posters I've seen it looks wonderful and the rules and standard of dance are just the same as the male/female competitions.

I am certain that all the men competing will be gay and a lot of the women too but there will also be ladies who are straight but dance together because of the shortage of male partners.

In Blackpool Tower ballroom on a Wednesday afternoon you will often see men dancing together (a few gay/transvestite clubs in Blackpool) and I can promise you they dance beautifully and to a very high standard. (Sighs ... and wishes they weren't gay )

I think the ban mentioned is in connection with the likes of "Strictly" shows ...

Well ... I love it
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2014, 09:17 PM

Dancing is for everyone without discrimination
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2014, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
Dancing is for everyone without discrimination
Spot on, Honey!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2014, 09:40 PM

I know this statement will be controversial but here goes.........."I tolerate same sex relationships but I don't think it's natural".
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2014, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I know this statement will be controversial but here goes.........."I tolerate same sex relationships but I don't think it's natural".
My sentiments exactly Alan .. and my son is gay !! ... he's also a very good ballroom dancer but gave that up before he came out.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2014, 11:11 PM

I don't know if it's natural or not... But I do know it's none of my business.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2014, 11:18 PM

Gay or straight it is the same to me. They are all people and in this the 21st century I think it is time we dropped these silly labels.

I hope whether men or women they enjoy themselves dancing
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2014, 11:18 PM

I like gay men and know a few who are fantastic company and make me laugh so much! I love being in their company and know there's no ulterior motive in our relationship so it's not complex and we can just relax and enjoy the time we spend together

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top