Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
down to earth
west yorkshire
down to earth is male  down to earth has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 01:10 PM

Container Illegals

I have been looking on this forum and others and only found one small thread running on this subject.

My view on the now thirty four is that once the cops have finished with them they are deported without delay this week if possible.

We have spent enough money on them already hospital and feeding them etc.

They have NO right to be here under any circumstances and we have to start showing the rest of the world we are no longer a soft touch.

I know some are children but if the parents cant afford em dont breed em in fact it amazes me they have the energy in these so called poor countries to produce them in the first place.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 01:24 PM

Re: Container Illegals

It's because they are so poor and desperate that traffickers exploit them in the first place. A little compassion for what they have had to endure wouldn't go amiss.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 01:33 PM

We've already given them enough compassion. They've been fed, watered and treated in hospital at our expense.
'Down to Earth' has got it just about right - they should be deported without delay. The world must be shown that Britain is not a dumping ground for illegal immigrants.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
It's because they are so poor and desperate that traffickers exploit them in the first place. A little compassion for what they have had to endure wouldn't go amiss.
I agree Mesco. I know that if I'd have been born into dire poverty I would be trying to get out of it. I know that we can't cope with unlimited immigration but we should temper this with pity.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 01:55 PM

George. I never said that they shouldn't be returned to their country of origin, they are after all, illegals. They have been treated like cattle by the traffickers and for that I feel sorry for them.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 02:04 PM

It's much better to show compassion. Bitterness is a negative emotion.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
It's much better to show compassion. Bitterness is a negative emotion.
Well said Alice ,id sooner be a good Samaritan any day .whatever country they left behind must have been a hell hole.
mesco m
manchester

17-08-2014, 02:49 PM

Whoever trafficked these unfortunate people didn't do it out of kindness, money will be involved. It's these people who need to be caught and punished.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 02:49 PM

What form of compassion are people thinking of? Iīm sure each and everyone of us feels we should show compassion to the millions of poverty stricken people in other countries, but taking in more and more illegal immigrants to be housed, given free medical care, free education etc at the expense of the tax payers, many of whom struggle to live themselves, is not the answer. If this is the answer then expect many thousands more to be arriving in the same way and probably the same manner. Harsh I know, but just how many of you are prepared to be compassionate enough to house and feed some of these illegal immigrants yourselves?

When you think that many of these people manage to raise thousands of pounds to pay to the "traffickers" to get them to UK, doesnīt it make you think that if they can manage to raise this money it would be better spent improving their living conditions in their own countries?

I canīt say that I know of any answers, other than increased border controls, but of course that wonīt happen, however if, for example, this latest lot are allowed to stay then the message given is clear, keep trying to get into UK however you can, risk your life because if you make it you will be set for life.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by down to earth ->
I have been looking on this forum and others and only found one small thread running on this subject.

My view on the now thirty four is that once the cops have finished with them they are deported without delay this week if possible.

We have spent enough money on them already hospital and feeding them etc.

They have NO right to be here under any circumstances and we have to start showing the rest of the world we are no longer a soft touch.

I know some are children but if the parents cant afford em dont breed em in fact it amazes me they have the energy in these so called poor countries to produce them in the first place.
I agree with this - they have been treated for any ill health they may have suffered during their confinement, they should be returned to Belgium and then they can decide their future. Life's tough for some I know but taking in anyone that just decides to come here is not the answer.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top