Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 11:07 AM

Dating again.

No, I'm not dating again, though I have pondered on occasions how I would get on.
I'm not sure the same qualities I probably looked for 50 years ago would even apply now. When I was young, I would probably have feinted at dashing good looks, and a sexy smile, and maybe even a corny chat-up line! None of those things seem so important anymore. I think I would like quite different attributes now that I am a bit of an antique myself.
Have your needs and tastes changed with age?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 11:17 AM

Re: Dating again.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No, I'm not dating again, though I have pondered on occasions how I would get on.
I'm not sure the same qualities I probably looked for 50 years ago would even apply now. When I was young, I would probably have feinted at dashing good looks, and a sexy smile, and maybe even a corny chat-up line! None of those things seem so important anymore. I think I would like quite different attributes now that I am a bit of an antique myself.
No not really .
I didn't look for any qualities in my husband it was a chance meeting.
I came to the conclusion years ago having been widowed that I did not want another partner partly because they would have difficulty living up to the first but also I am very self sufficient and don't need human company to make me happy
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 11:34 AM

Never had any preconceived ideas about what i wanted in a partner, it just happened. As time wore on it was obvious we had differing ideas about where we wanted to go, so unsurprisingly it ended.

Though we did have common ground, we were different, im very open and she was quite secretive.

Because of this i doubt i would ever trust anyone again, so decided at a young age i wont go down that road again. As to my needs and tastes i suppose yes they have, but they will never be put to the test.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 11:38 AM

I'm very much happily married Mups so can't offer much advice.

I would like to wish you luck though if you do start dating. A lot of men & women just date for the pleasure of sharing an experience - be it a day at the zoo or a meal in a nice restaurant - just good conversation ... There doesn't have to be a romance. (unless you want one)
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 11:44 AM

I think Carol has it right, these days pleasant companionship is much more desirable than romance, just the thought of it both embarrasses and terrifies me...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 12:07 PM

Time sure has changed my views on courting, God when I think of all the times I spent waiting out in all weathers for herself to arrive, then standing in the cinema queue for ages waiting to see the latest film, all for a few kisses in the back seat, I must have been mad. Now when I see romantic scenes on the TV it makes me cringe, what a load of crap, no you can keep the dating for the young as far as I'm concerned.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 12:28 PM

I would never be interested in dating again should the eventual happen. I think I would be quite content with my own company and my memories.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Hi Mups - I was never one that went for looks, personality was it for me, afterall if its just looks they fade, a good personality will go on. To laugh every day is key to me.
If I was on my own in the future I would stay that way with the memories. If you haven't got those to hang onto then go for the companionship, its 'never' too late
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm very much happily married Mups so can't offer much advice.

I would like to wish you luck though if you do start dating. A lot of men & women just date for the pleasure of sharing an experience - be it a day at the zoo or a meal in a nice restaurant - just good conversation ... There doesn't have to be a romance. (unless you want one)

Eeeekkk. . . I'm certainly not anticipating dating again Carol, I think I've given the wrong impression, my mind probably wandered, that all ! Thinking I had found the man of my dreams twice in my life, showed me I'm not a good judge of character and shouldn't be let out loose anymore.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-08-2014, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I think Carol has it right, these days pleasant companionship is much more desirable than romance, just the thought of it both embarrasses and terrifies me...

Yes, I'll go along with that Plantman, I can't imagine getting involved romantically any more.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top