Join for free
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 08:51 PM

Tooth whitening

There's nothing nicer than someone with white pearly teeth. But pulleeeeese, not the gnasher look

I've seen people with pleasantly whitened teeth that look great, and some who have whitened teeth and I'm sure they'd glow in the dark. Why do people overdo it and look ridiculous?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 09:05 PM

Re: Tooth whitening

I agree with you Alice. I always think Simon Cowell's teeth look too white.

Do you have anybody in mind?
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 09:25 PM

It's people with sparkling, all very uniform, white veneers that get me. My eyes are transfixed by their teeth.

I loved Ronan Keating, until he went and had his teeth *done*

There are certain people that need teeth improvement (me for one having gappy teeth) but let them be natural and have a little character!
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 09:27 PM

I would be worried about having mouth cancer, using chemicals in the mouth to whiten teeth.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 09:54 PM

It's the American way to have "perfect" teeth. It's one of my grudges against the NHS that very many years ago, my son was told he "must" have a brace to correct a very slight overbite for a year, prior to having traintrack braces. The overbite brace was an instrument of torture - he couldn't talk.....dribbled.....and was horribly embarrassed - not great for a shy youngster just moving into "big" school and needing as much confidence as possible. When I made further enquiries and commented that the overbite brace would change the shape of his face, I was told it was designed for the "perfect profile"!!! When I gave further doubts I was given a folder of horribly deformed children and young adults and told I had to accept that my son could look like that.........what a load of total rubbish!!! The NHS had "bought" an American treatment and had to promote it at all costs.
Finally.....my son decided not to go ahead with the overbite brace and the NHS refused to treat him. We found another dentist who used the traintrack braces and guess what? My son now has the most perfect teeth................. That was the second incident that the NHS proven themselves to be deceitful bullies and liars!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 11:28 PM

[QUOTE=carol;526921]I agree with you Alice. I always think Simon Cowell's teeth look too white.

Do you have anybody in mind?[/QUOTE]

Does anyone remember that young man Rylan, he was on one of the talent shows being a real drama queen. Well he was presenting something on telly a week or two back and I've never seen such ridiculous teeth, ever. He would have made Simon Cowell's look grubby. Not only were Rylan's teeth amazingly, dazzling, brilliant white, his teeth are quite large and he seems to have twice as many as anyone else - it looked awful.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I agree with you Alice. I always think Simon Cowell's teeth look too white.

Do you have anybody in mind?
Someone at work. It looks so false now but I'm sure she thinks its lovely.

Rylan has whitened teeth that have taken over his face.

Why do they need to take it to extreme when they probably looked better before?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Someone at work. It looks so false now but I'm sure she thinks its lovely.

Rylan has whitened teeth that have taken over his face.

Why do they need to take it to extreme when they probably looked better before?

Yes, that sums it up perfectly Alice.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 12:20 PM

I know a man who’s in his eighties and he recently got a new set of gnashers, they are snow white, a perfectly straight top row and far too many of them, in my opinion you don’t go for sparkling white when you got wrinkles a plenty, he thinks they look great and never stopped smiling since he got them in, a real ear to ear grin, they make his mouth look too big, he looks like Red Rum after winning the Grand National. I don't know why I'm slagging him here, God knows what I'll look like when I have to get falses, one things for sure, they won’t be sparkling white and dead even.

You have to get the right shade of off white to suit your age otherwise they look so obviously fake.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top