Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 11:25 PM

strange coincidence or fate ???

When my wife left me i signed up for numerous dating sites probably through anger ...I didn't think they would be any good and they weren't , just a waste of money ....However 2 weeks ago My daughter said try this one so i signed up created a profile stuck a few pictures on and went for it ..its free ... After a few days i plucked up the courage to send out a few messages I got a few polite answers saying sorry and a few saying politely P.O lol ..however about a week ago i was looking through contacts nearby in my town and opened up a profile of a lady who was new and i liked the look of , well the first thing you see is a photo ,,,as i opened it I got a message at the same time ..it was from her ..that was weird, she contacted me as i was looking at her what a coincidence ...she had obviously seen my pictures read my profile and liked what she saw ...I was shocked , especially as she is 9 years younger than me she is nearly 50 but really pretty ...her profile and interests match mine right down to the ground even to our favourite films (grease and dirty dancing)...we have now been chatting for a week and have so much in common ..tonight I picked up my phone and as i opened it i got a message at exactly the same time coincidence again ..so far we aint met , but she has hinted it may happen ...I just hope when it does happen things go well ..i get the impression someone up there is helping with all the coincidences

PS Divorce papers have been served ..hopefully i will be a free man by Xmas
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 11:32 PM

Re: strange coincidence or fate ???

I hope meeting the new acquaintance turns out well for you Steve
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 11:33 PM

Good luck Steve ... hope it works out for you
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 11:34 PM

After I got divorced years ago, the last thing on my mind was looking for another one to start all over again with UKM! I got a nervous twitch at the very thought of it

However, good luck to you and I hope it works out how for you.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 11:34 PM

I don't know the name of your dating site UKM but a 68 yr old friend of ours joined one called 'Plenty of Fish' and found a new love - so did my son at the age of 37.

There's somebody out there for you.

Good luck.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2014, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't know the name of your dating site UKM but a 68 yr old friend of ours joined one called 'Plenty of Fish' and found a new love - so did my son at the age of 37.

There's somebody out there for you.

Good luck.
That's THE SAME one i am on....there is a very similar one called plenty MORE fish and Basil but I have more interest in POF
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2014, 08:09 AM

Good luck and a word of warning. Be sure you have left all your `baggage` behind. I met a couple of very nice ladies though POF they were very polite but told me I had to get over being widowed and learn to love myself again. I did and now I`m not so sure I wan`t a `lover`. The couple of female friends I met are enough. We sometimes go out,shop togethe(one friend at a time) but they always go home,peace chez OG
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2014, 08:21 AM

If it's meant to be Steve it will happen, if not then what have you lost?

Good luck with the divorce and I hope you find that 'special' someone.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2014, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Good luck and a word of warning. Be sure you have left all your `baggage` behind. I met a couple of very nice ladies though POF they were very polite but told me I had to get over being widowed and learn to love myself again. I did and now I`m not so sure I wan`t a `lover`. The couple of female friends I met are enough. We sometimes go out,shop togethe(one friend at a time) but they always go home,peace chez OG
Take note Steve - Stephan is spot on
When you meet - let her do the talking, show an interest in 'her' before you go into details of yourself. Its good advice from Stephan and putting meself in the shoes of the lady
Wish you well x
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2014, 10:17 AM

I hope things go well for you Steve and like others have said, let her do the talking and see how things go. Years ago when I was first divorced friends set me up on a date with one of their colleagues, what a disaster. I didnīt want to go in the first place, the last thing I wanted at that time was any man in my life and having spent a few hours in this manīs company I couldnīt wait to make excuses and leave. This man spent the whole evening talking about himself and his ex wife, who he constantly referred to as "the dragon", talk about "woe is me" ! If that was how he normally carried on then quite frankly Iīm not surprised his wife left him. Take it easy Steve, donīt try running until you can walk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top