Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 09:22 AM

Russell Brand

What is going on with Russell Brand lately? I've just had an email from Change.org asking me to support his latest bandwagon effort against property developers. If you find his website, there are a huge number of video clips of him (half dressed) expounding views on all manner of topics. I've got to assume he's got a new Public Relations manager and is trying to promote his image as caring and even normal. Personally I think any petition he starts is doomed; the man is branded forever to be a loser and tosser!

http://www.russellbrand.com/
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 09:51 AM

Re: Russell Brand

I must say that I consider him to be an obnoxious, publicity seeking moron. I can never forgive him for the boorish exhibition he made of himself on Have I Got News For You a few years ago. I avoid reading anything by him. I also make sure that I never see him on television.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
I must say that I consider him to be an obnoxious, publicity seeking moron. I can never forgive him for the boorish exhibition he made of himself on Have I Got News For You a few years ago. I avoid reading anything by him. I also make sure that I never see him on television.
Same here - can't stand him !
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 09:55 AM

I think Mr Brand has entered a Bite the hand that feeds you phase.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 10:03 AM

I've only seen him on TV once and I believe that it was a Royal Variety Show. I don't know what the queen thought of him but I thought he was rubbish.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I've only seen him on TV once and I believe that it was a Royal Variety Show. I don't know what the queen thought of him but I thought he was rubbish.
He'll be up for a Knighthood then
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 10:09 AM

I quite like Russel something about him is honest and he does care, I first saw him when he was part of BB on channel 4.
He tries to help people and I think this latest incarnation is another way he is trying to make the world better, misguided as he is at least he is trying.
Never forget when a few years ago he was photographed helping a homeless man, it was obviously so honest and caring how he went about it but the papers tried to destroy him with the article they wrote making it look like he was so dirty he would eat from a bin. Something about him makes me think he is essentially just a man trying to make the world better.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Never forget when a few years ago he was photographed helping a homeless man, it was obviously so honest and caring how he went about it but the papers tried to destroy him with the article they wrote making it look like he was so dirty he would eat from a bin. Something about him makes me think he is essentially just a man trying to make the world better.
I think it's all a set-up. New PR man, new image public like-ability. I agree with the moron, obnoxious views......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

08-11-2014, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I quite like Russel something about him is honest and he does care, I first saw him when he was part of BB on channel 4.
He tries to help people and I think this latest incarnation is another way he is trying to make the world better, misguided as he is at least he is trying.
Common sense would help a bit .......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Common sense would help a bit .......
Very few are blessed with that these days, but even so I think we have to applaud people who try.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top