Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 08:49 AM

What Aspect of Travel Do You Dislike The Most ?

For me it's the hassle of going through an airport to catch a flight. All the walking that it can require, nearly having to strip off to go through security and all the hanging about. It makes you wonder if it's worth it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 08:53 AM

Re: What Aspect of Travel Do You Dislike The Most ?

Can't be doing with all that kerfuffle, i'll wait till I win the lottery, and charter my own jet.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 09:25 AM

Taking everything down stairs and packing the campervan, it's amazing how much stuff we seem to take with us
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 09:26 AM

All of it ........
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 10:06 AM

Other Travellers, they dont half complicate what should be a simple exercise.
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 10:33 AM

One of the reasons I moved to Hungary is because I can explore the whole of Europe by car or train and there are so many exciting places to visit without having to go through the hassle of airports!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
For me it's the hassle of going through an airport to catch a flight. All the walking that it can require, nearly having to strip off to go through security and all the hanging about. It makes you wonder if it's worth it.
My pet peeves too. And the flight being delayed, especially if you are on a long haul journey
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 11:44 AM

I can understand your frustration with all the hassle involved in air travel Alan, although I've never flown I've seen enough at airports and heard enough stories to put me off it for life, anytime I traveled to the UK (and that's as far afield as I ever got) I went by boat and train, I like it on the boat, plenty of space to move about. I love train travel and go all over the country by train, can't stand coach travel either.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
All of it ........
Me too, just getting into a car is stressful enough for me these days..
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 12:17 PM

I don't mind the airport ,going through the rig morale,walking what seems like a mile through corridors,I do get tense at the security, and thats when i almost get a panic attack,...one time i didn't put my tray of things on the rollers to come through the x ray machine ,I stood for what seemed a lifetime ,my pass port was on top and idid not want to loose that .I started to go back. To put it on ,Security started shouting at me ,STOP Do not go any further,but my legs were doing their own thing ,they were taking a stride.More shouting. At me and i froze,,When i heard a butch woman's voice behind me,she could not have been any closer ,she was almost on my back.After explaining she put the tray on the rollers and i got my stuff .
But the worst part of travelling is the Motorway getting to the airport ,Hate it ,all that traffic ,all going at a manic speed.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top