Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 05:47 PM

Goods that don't work!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! I am feeling very disappointed and annoyed!

I bought a colour changing acrylic Christmas tree. Put brand new batteries in (right way round) and it doesn't work. It looked good in the store.

http://www.notcutts.co.uk/notcutts-l...-product/15419

So cross that I have to take it back!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 05:56 PM

Re: Goods that don't work!!!

So bloomin annoying !
We ordered a TV couple of years back, set it all up, worked for an hour then kaput !
Had to be boxed up again - Ggrrrrrr !
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 06:45 PM

just a loose connection i expect , looks lovely though CC..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 06:48 PM

They don't seem to give a damn nowadays if they work or not, the wife bought ten fairly expensive solar lights, sturdy looking they were too, she put them alongside the garden path in August last, only one of them is barely blinking now, rubbish the lot.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 07:23 PM

But solar lights rely on the sun and we haven't had too much of that lately.
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

28-11-2014, 08:50 PM

Manufacturerers in general don't put the quality into their products like they used to, it seems.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
But solar lights rely on the sun and we haven't had too much of that lately.
We had plenty of Sun Apricot all through this Summer, the first one started to go on the third day then slowly one by one as if they caught the black death, they are in the sunniest spot in the garden by the way, gets the sun nearly all day long.
Just looked out now and the last one has finally croaked it, they'll all be going into the bin on Monday, no more solar lights for us.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 09:31 PM

I sent for a hole punch, one of the heavy duty ones for leather etc. It didn't even work on paper! The company said to send it back which would cost more than the thing cost, luckily e-bay stepped in & got me a refund & I could keep the punch, not sure it will be of any use but heyho!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
We had plenty of Sun Apricot all through this Summer, the first one started to go on the third day then slowly one by one as if they caught the black death, they are in the sunniest spot in the garden by the way, gets the sun nearly all day long.
Just looked out now and the last one has finally croaked it, they'll all be going into the bin on Monday, no more solar lights for us.
I have some lovely coloured solar lights I bought a few years ago from B&Q and they're still going strong!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 10:47 PM

Oh, I hate all the palava when you buy something and it doesn't work! Such a disappointment. Then it's all the rig'marole to take it back for a replacement blah blah blah. It's not too much to ask to buy quality goods nowadays

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top