Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2014, 12:54 AM

Identification.

A thought occurred to me today while I was driving along, Gawd knows why. .

It's been said on here, possibly by Meg (but not sure), that you can get a fairly good idea of someone's personality from their postings over a period of time.
So I wondered if we were all together, but none of us
introduced ourselves we just sat and chatted and debated things as we do now, it would be interesting to see how many members (if any), we could identify purely from the conversations and opinions. Would we recognise each other, do you think that's possible? Are you the same in 'real life' as you appear on here?
(Pats mustn't wear her nurse's uniform though, too big a clue).
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2014, 01:20 AM

Re: Identification.

Interesting, but here some people probably try and judge what type of person you are. I truly think unless you actually meet someone, you can't really tell.

There are those who will sit behind a screen and say whatever just for the sake of it. They can tell you anything and say anything and it could be a piece of total and utter rubbish and nothing like the truth. I could pretend I'm a millionaire, but who would know?

I've been gullible, but I'm learning to change. Truthfully, I think you have to actually meet someone in person to know what they're really like. I've had responses on forums where it's almost as though they think I'm like Attilla the Hun, whereas anyone who really knows me knows that is SO far from the truth! They'd laugh at that suggestion. So, I don't think you can 100 per cent really tell.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2014, 09:16 AM

Personally I would say to know some one you have to meet them.
I can honestly say to my knowledge what I write is 100% true and I am certainly not as gullible has I used to be in the early days on forums. I do try not to give out to much personal info. My downside is because I am home all day on my own especially in winter months when I can't get out I do tend to waffle a lot and let things slip.
I do doubt a fair bit of what I see people posting and these days I steer clear of jumping in to protect people I think are being bullied or targeted by clicky groups.
I have e.mails I wrote to my support group from 2004 and when I look back and read some of my mails I cringe at what I had written.
My meds in those days made me like a Jekyll and Hyde kind of person, still do some days.
Enuff waffling I think.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2014, 09:20 AM

I am just me - warts and all !
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2014, 09:25 AM

Don't think I would be recognised provided I stayed Stum.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2014, 09:30 AM

I would stick out a mile in a bunch of Tories.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2014, 09:31 AM

I would stick out a mile in a bunch of prudes.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2014, 11:02 AM

Well I hope we get to know people - if something is written that's not corrected, then that's the picture I get .........
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2014, 11:30 AM

Good question.

I would doubt myself being able to recognise any of the other members on here if I ever met them, apart from one. Her eyes would instantly give away her identity to me.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2014, 01:30 PM

No I wouldn't recognise anyone on here by Their posts...But I DO think I'd give a body-swerve to one or two if They turned out to be as They appear on here.:~)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top