Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 09:51 AM

The upsetting reality of modern day poverty

http://kathleenkerridge.com/2015/01/...n-day-poverty/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 10:02 AM

Re: The upsetting reality of modern day poverty

A hard read especially when you realise you are very close to being one of the poor she talks about.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 10:05 AM

I have sometimes given people the odd change they need to pay the shopping bill.
You see them counting the change as they stand in line and sometimes asking to put things back..

Its awful, I just quietly offer the money to the cashier.

I hated working in the shop and having people out things back or having their card refused and having to make excuses.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 10:36 AM

Well written account,I hope she finds her way out of the poverty trap shes in.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Well written account,I hope she finds her way out of the poverty trap shes in.
Unless she has a miracle cure sadly this is her life.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 10:39 AM

Reading between the lines, this large family were quite wealthy to start with. Why did they not buy their own home in the good times, and not be subject to rip-off landlords now? Sounds a lot like bad management to me, (four children?) and a poor diet possibly leading to the heart trouble. Not the whole story - more to it than meets the eye and a bit short on detail as usual.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by 2wheeler ->
Reading between the lines, this large family were quite wealthy to start with. Why did they not buy their own home in the good times, and not be subject to rip-off landlords now? Sounds a lot like bad management to me, (four children?) and a poor diet possibly leading to the heart trouble. Not the whole story - more to it than meets the eye and a bit short on detail as usual.
I agree.

Think its a load of left wing rubbish again.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

03-02-2015, 10:42 AM

Harsh as no one knows what is around the corner and they funded their family until illness hit. TBH this is what the benefits system is for catching people as they fall. They don't need people telling them where they went wrong they clearly did fine until she became ill and he lost his job things which could happen to anyone at any time.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 10:48 AM

Why is it assumed if you have heart disease you have been eating a poor diet.
I was born with Congenital Heart Disease,I'm half way to what she is now,i get breathe less,and i have off days.nothing what so ever to do with my diet.
I can relate to her. Living in rented accommodation ,we did all our lives Cause we were always on a low income, Nothing to do with bad management .
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
I agree.

Think its a load of left wing rubbish again.
Hmm these show just how heartless and lacking in understanding and compassion some people can be.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top