Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 05:53 PM

Negative Threads

Why are so many topics on here Negative in nature?

Threads concentrating on moaning about the younger generations (teenagers today etc.), things that annoy, make one cross, things one dislikes. Sports one doesn’t want to see on TV and so on.

My younger granddaughter, who works at an agricultural college as an animal carer, when asked if she prefers animals to humans said yes, they don’t moan.

And yes she is one of the much maligned generation.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 05:57 PM

Re: Negative Threads

I don't find them all negative. There are a great mixture of threads as far as I can see.

Maybe you should start a nice positive one and we'll all join in
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I don't find them all negative. There are a great mixture of threads as far as I can see.

Maybe you should start a nice positive one and we'll all join in
No point Alice post something positive or start a new positive thread and low and behold someone will soon come along with a whinge and others will join in with posts along the lines of "it was better in my day" .
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 06:07 PM

Victor the more members that start New Threads ,the more cross section we will get ,I try to put on what i think. Members would like to talk about. I dont think ive started any negative. Ones
Sometimes though what catches my eye in the news ,might start a thread. Going ..

Please start a positive Thread victor ..
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
No point Alice post something positive or start a new positive thread and low and behold someone will soon come along with a whinge and others will join in with posts along the lines of "it was better in my day" .
LOL now whos being Negative
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 06:12 PM

I know what you mean VM, some people like to whinge at any given opportunity. I have the odd whinge myself . I'm sure most people like to be more light hearted when they get a chance. I think it's more about some people trying to outdo each other, trying to get their point across. I don't think they are all whingers.

We should maybe think of another nice lighthearted thread
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 06:31 PM

We have a lot of different threads on this forum IMO and often a negative one will turn daft and funny and sometimes we go way off topic and into quite surreal territory. A forum is what you make of it I think, if you want more light hearted threads you have to be prepared to start one and keep it on topic by hanging around to steer it's course.

I am willing to say I personally am feeling a bit moany at the moment it won't be long until anniversary of our lovely Tasha's death and we are all here feeling a bit down and apprehensive at what that may bring. So I apologise if that shows and brings others down, might be best if I stop posting for a while if it is doing that.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 06:36 PM

Why are so many topics on here Negative in nature?

Threads concentrating on moaning about the younger generations (teenagers today etc.), things that annoy, make one cross, things one dislikes. Sports one doesn’t want to see on TV and so on.

My younger granddaughter, who works at an agricultural college as an animal carer, when asked if she prefers animals to humans said yes, they don’t moan.

And yes she is one of the much maligned generation.
Hi Tony do you realise your thread is negative and so you are contributing to the negativity

I guess people like a good moan, you could always start a few happy threads and say you don't want any moaning in them ..
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 07:04 PM

perhaps it would help if we had a category to counteract the 'Grumpy Corner'. The. 'Happy Corner' maybe?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Deb W ->
perhaps it would help if we had a category to counteract the 'Grumpy Corner'. The. 'Happy Corner' maybe?
I 'love' that idea

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top