Join for free
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2015, 08:40 PM

Is it me , or we a soft touch

Today partner was telling me she sign up a new tenant , this family are from India , and been in the uk for 2 years , they been giving a three bedroom flat , £147 aweek rent , the husband works but the wife doesn't , he take home £1100 a month, and they are entitle to full housing benefit for some reason , anyway she work out how much they got to pay towards the rent , can't remember she said it's a month or week they have to pay ,but it was a sum of lest of ten pounds , when she told them they went nuts saying it's disgusting we have to pay all that ,
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2015, 08:56 PM

Re: Is it me , or we a soft touch

Doesn't sound right to me but saying that, it doesn't really surprise me - who know how the local councils decide who gets priority, don't seen to be any hard and fast rules.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2015, 08:59 PM

Do they have children?
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2015, 09:02 PM

Must of have children for a 3 bedroom flat , how many I don't know
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2015, 09:08 PM

They must have several children, or they wouldn't be allowed housing benefit if the husband was working.
Marmark1
Devon
Marmark1 is female  Marmark1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 09:36 AM

They do make a b line for England.But their own governments should be hanging their heads in shame.All the fiddling and corruption that goes on.They should be making their countries a better place to live,then the people wouldn't be so ready to leave.They get too much aid.I wonder what the western world motives are for keeping them so dependant.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 10:29 AM

Many people in work get housing benefit if their wages are not enough after the rent is taken to live on, the amount depends on how much they earn, how much WTC they get and how many children they have (even single people no children can get some).

It's a good system in areas where rents are high because it means people who are low wages can live near their work and means richer people are not required to clean their own houses and offices and pour their own coffee and cook.

Unless we had the system all the NMW workers would be living in Lincolnshire and all the coffee shops and restaurants would be self service.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top